Toribash
Original Post
Samsung phone vs the rest
I'm going to be getting myself a new contract phone this August, £35 a month.
And I was seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (also.. what the hell is LTE?..)

I like how big the screen is and the fact that it most certainly won't be slow, it is a 'powerhouse' and the battery life is actually decent despite lots of use.
I liked the iPhone 4/5 in the same regard that the battery just seemed to never want to die, it'd stay at 1% for nearly an hour as I used it.

But can anybody suggest a different phone or would you say that this is the best phone out there for constant media use? (games/music/watching anime/videos and other internet related things).

And a little curiousity of mine, I won't be getting 4g (can't afford it) but is 4G really anymore useful than the standard 3g?
LTE is longterm evolution and is highspeed wireless communication aka 4G which you don't want. It's very fast but also very expensive and limited.
Unless you plan on downloading a lot while you're on the road it's not really useful as you can use your wifi at home.

The battery of that phone lasts for two or more days so you probably won't have much problems with it.
The Note is rather annoying when it comes to the rooting/flashing process. Clockworkmod doesn't work properly on it so if you are interested in that you might want to consider getting another phone.

It's far away from being the best phone. If you want an unecessary expensive but great phone get the newest iphone or if you want an android the HTC One.
For the uses you described the Galaxy Note is more than enough. It's great for watching movies due to its big screen.
The camera isn't too shaby either.
nigerian PM
I have the Samsung Galaxy S III currently, and it is great. Depending on the phone company you use, you will most likely have to get 4g. For Verizon you can not buy a phone without the internet plan. It is an extra 30 a month for 2GB, whereas AT&T is 30$ for 5GB. As of now, this phone is great. The battery life is decent, you can customize anything you want, good sound quality, and the screen size is amazing. I can only assume the Note is the same thing, but just bigger. If you are planning on watching movies and playing games, you can buy a special case that can charge your phone.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
LTE is longterm evolution and is highspeed wireless communication aka 4G which you don't want. It's very fast but also very expensive and limited.
Unless you plan on downloading a lot while you're on the road it's not really useful as you can use your wifi at home.

The battery of that phone lasts for two or more days so you probably won't have much problems with it.
The Note is rather annoying when it comes to the rooting/flashing process. Clockworkmod doesn't work properly on it so if you are interested in that you might want to consider getting another phone.

It's far away from being the best phone. If you want an unecessary expensive but great phone get the newest iphone or if you want an android the HTC One.
For the uses you described the Galaxy Note is more than enough. It's great for watching movies due to its big screen.
The camera isn't too shaby either.

An LTE phone will most definitely support other technologies such as 3g, 2g, cellular, etc.

In terms of phones with big screens, this is really your only choice. Droid has not very much battery life compared to iphones though.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
In terms of phones with big screens, this is really your only choice. Droid has not very much battery life compared to iphones though.

Depends on the 'droid. Most do have pathetic battery life, though my 2 HTCs can go for close to a week without needing a charge under heavy use.
That was thanks to OS updates though, originally they were needing a full charge daily even under moderate use. NFI what they fixed, but I'm not gonna complain.

My Windows phones makes them look silly though, those fuckers takes forever for their batteries to die.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
TBH, HTC and Samsung are the only 2 good phones out there, iPhones are shitty, Microsoft phones are just bleh.
I've had my HTC Desire HD for 2 years now and that phone dies within an hour or 2 under use.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I'll end up going with the Samsung Galaxy Note II unless someone posts a reason why I should get a different phone.

You guys were a great help, I'll end the thread within a few days if it goes inactive
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Depends on the 'droid. Most do have pathetic battery life, though my 2 HTCs can go for close to a week without needing a charge under heavy use.
That was thanks to OS updates though, originally they were needing a full charge daily even under moderate use. NFI what they fixed, but I'm not gonna complain.

My Windows phones makes them look silly though, those fuckers takes forever for their batteries to die.

What kind of phone did you have, and do you have now. I need a phone with a good battery life.
A hasbeen like the rest