ES Recruitment Drive
What is blue?
I have 2 more questions:
  • What is your favourite shade of blue?
  • What is your favourite name for a shade of blue?
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
2 questions:

What was the first thought you had looking at my avvy?

"Alpaca? " but then "Ok, guess not"

Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
What flavor of Moutain Dew am I drinking?

No idea but you should send me some since I've never seen Mountain Dew being sold anywhere.

Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
What are your top 5 favourite movies?

Tough question since I'm far from being a cinephile and my memory is awful for this, but I guess stuff like Pulp Fiction, Schindler's List, Cidade de Deus or Up! are topping the list from what I can remember.

Originally Posted by experts View Post
erm...your best replay? (i bet its mistakes)

The best one by far is still to be finished and posted.
From the ones I have posted, Oblivion and Gedanken are my favorite ones so that probably qualifies as "best"

Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I have 2 more questions:
  • What is your favourite shade of blue?
  • What is your favourite name for a shade of blue?

Blue is human's perception of radiation around 475nm of wavelength, or so I think.
Azurite is the best blue. Not my favorite and not negotiable.
Azurite.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Hi Oblivion.

Will you be willing to fight me in singleplayer, on 25:00 GMT 13 on February 30?

The mod of choice will be wtf.tbm

Also favorite mod kgo.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Where did your avvy come from?
And where do you usually get the inspiration to do the realism stuff, do you watch lotsa action movies?
Originally Posted by Rfifan View Post
Hi Oblivion.

Will you be willing to fight me in singleplayer, on 25:00 GMT 13 on February 30?

The mod of choice will be wtf.tbm

Also favorite mod kgo.

Any. Fuking. Time. M8.
Also tk and all its variations, specially erthtk

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
favourite replaymaker thats not known

Depends on what you consider to be not known. If you mean not known by you and ORMO people that's incredible hard...
I'd say HooliganJ kind of escapes most people's radars.
He did goes far on that last big SP cup so a lot more people might know him. The weirdest thing is that he seems to be on the level of these last replays of him for years now, but always very low profile.

Then again I'd say most newcommers to the SP scene probably don't know spry either, and he has been making top tier replay-making for as long as (or longer) than I have... So it's a tough question.

Originally Posted by sprytryne View Post
Where did your avvy come from?
And where do you usually get the inspiration to do the realism stuff, do you watch lotsa action movies?

Hey, love to see that you're still around.
A lot of youtube videos of tricking/parkour/action movies. Like the Ong Bak series that NutHug constantly mentioned.
Also other videogames and stuff like DBZ.
Forgot to answer about the avvy. It's a drawing someone on the internet (can't remember who, sorry) made of Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Sets the tone for my in-game set as well
Last edited by Oblivion; Nov 2, 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Hello Oblivion how are you doing?

I have a question out of interest:

Is it possible to "duplicate" or "clone" a tori by alternating positions every 1 frame?

Example

frame 1 = position A
frame 2 = position B
frame 3 = position A
frame 4 = position B
And so on...

Would this happen so fast that it looks as if there are two toris?
If someone could master it would be possible to have 4 toris in 1 replay?
I doubt I would be able to, but it would be cool to know it's possible.
Thanks
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Hello Oblivion how are you doing?

I have a question out of interest:

Is it possible to "duplicate" or "clone" a tori by alternating positions every 1 frame?

Example

frame 1 = position A
frame 2 = position B
frame 3 = position A
frame 4 = position B
And so on...

Would this happen so fast that it looks as if there are two toris?
If someone could master it would be possible to have 4 toris in 1 replay?
I doubt I would be able to, but it would be cool to know it's possible.
Thanks

Heyo! Pretty tired but all is well. What about with you?

It sounds like a pretty interesting hypothesis.
My guess is that it depends a lot on the computer running it.
If you handle 60 fps steadily then it could probably be percieved as the effect you intend.
Around 30 fps or less I doubt it would still hold as good as it could, so you might get a replay that only some people are able to see properly.

Anyhow, it's a pretty top top tier idea for a replay so my advice would be to ask someone to make a script (maybe based on a merging script NutHug has, he never posted it so you'd have to ask him and good luck with that) that would merge two replays in alternating frames.
You'd need to use this script (http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=439010) too, or integrate its code on the new one, so that you'd have every frame of both replays to be able to fuse them properly.

The only big limitation to your idea honestly is a technical one, since it would require an immense amount of time to do this manually.

Fingers crossed for you to get some help from the .lua or 3rd party programs part of the community since they are less than a handful of people though...
Hacking is indeed desperately in need for a few more scripts.
Heya thanks for the reply

I'm pretty much always tired as well, aircraft maintenance college, but I still always have this urge to go out and play basketball, it's almost becoming an addiction lol.

I am working on making a really really simple replay to see if the effect works, will update soon
Oh wait, I need 4.5 for the script, I'll try it on the weekends maybe.
Thanks for the info anyways!
Last edited by xlr84life; Nov 11, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Heya thanks for the reply

I'm pretty much always tired as well, aircraft maintenance college, but I still always have this urge to go out and play basketball, it's almost becoming an addiction lol.

I am working on making a really really simple replay to see if the effect works, will update soon
Oh wait, I need 4.5 for the script, I'll try it on the weekends maybe.
Thanks for the info anyways!

Playing basketball is a nice addiction to have though! I'm trying to go to the gym more often but it hasn't been easy so far :c

I think it's just advised to use 4.5 for it, but it probably works on other versions (not sure though)