Ranking
Original Post
[VID] Potential Difference (Old school tb vid)
Aight so I decided to come back to Toribash for a bit so that I could fulfill one of my long-term dreams of having a cool replay vid to watch.
I put this together without much knowledge of how modern editing works, but I hope you guys can enjoy nevertheless. All replays by me.

Programs used: Fraps, Sony Vegas 13, Toribash
Last edited by HiVoltage; Apr 23, 2016 at 09:40 PM.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
Well its a good start
try to make good transitions(with keyframing).
And try to do a better sync,and try a more chill song,then goes taking more harder song,will be a good practice.
deactivate the resample.
besides that its okay,the keyframing show the most interesting parts of the replay(wich is good) and has potential.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
I modelled it after all my favourite videos from way back in the day so I assumed it would have a similar vibe, why you gotta be dislikin my boss brah?
Last edited by HiVoltage; Apr 23, 2016 at 08:53 PM.
Please include the programs used to make this in the original post.

Anyway, the freecam in this is the only real part of the video, and it tends to be really far away. Most of the issues with this come from the freecam not keyframed well. Definitely could've showcased these better.
sorry for never finishing your video you asked me to make in 2011
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

so oldschool edits = no editing effort at all?

it was entertaining though
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
Entertainment was all I was I was going for, more like a showcase of my replays than my video editing skills
A large part of oldschool videos is the cool ideas and transitions that they bring to the table, which you don't seem to have any of

The speed seems similar to what has been done, which is alright I suppose

Camera angles could be improved

Even the older videos had some form of CC (Although not as obvious as the newer stuff)

Not saying it's bad, it's not, but it just doesn't make me want to keep watching after the 5th replay because it just looks like more of the same.

So you should first work on your camera angles, and once you've got those down, you can then work on effects and transitions. Oldschool videos didn't have no effects, contrary to popular belief - they had subtle effects that still added to the videos, and the transitions were one of the most defining features. Camera pans, zooming in/out, making use of skeets and stuff are just some of the things that they did. Of course, this isn't something that's easy to do and takes a bit of time to learn. After all, those videos did get lots of views for a reason, and the reason is that they took a noticable amount of effort.

I put this together without much knowledge of how modern editing works

Newer editing focuses more on the effects side rather than the actual replays while older videos focuses more on showcasing how you can do cool things in toribash (Scrolling through the comments section on one of those videos will show that), and it seems you've done neither. You don't need to be able to pull off any fancy effects or CC, but it helps to have a good understanding of your program and how things are done before you go ahead and make a video.

I'm sure many 'modern' editors can edit oldschool videos and many oldschool editors may be able to edit newer videos, it's just that they have their own preferences.
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions