ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Rotting Flesh

Sketching out

No references where used, 100% improvisation
Last edited by Chikin; Mar 31, 2018 at 04:08 PM.
Disgusting.

I'll provide more constructive criticism when you advance with your work a bit further. XD
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Disgusting.

I'll provide more constructive criticism when you advance with your work a bit further. XD

<3 thank you Bojee! Good to see you sticking around. Just you being in here gives a huge incentive to put extra effort into this.
Ya should share some of your latest works man!
Only artistic things I've done so far are some artwork for board or card games, since I'm into that now. I'm designing tabletop games and doing illustrations for other ppl that are making those games, like concept art, character art, various illustrations for cards, maps, etc.

I can't show much since lots of that stuff is either licensed or need to be hush-hush until the game is actually published and in retail.

I might post some on the flow clan page...

Keep up the good work.
Looks great so far
I like the sketch
I'd go for a bit more saturated look but if you like it as that then its fine too
But as Bojan said, cant give more cnc untill you work on it more
Keep it up!

Graphic content

I worked a bit more on the mouth gaping flesh wound colors
-----
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Looks great so far
I like the sketch
I'd go for a bit more saturated look but if you like it as that then its fine too
But as Bojan said, cant give more cnc untill you work on it more
Keep it up!

Colors are just very basic at the moment. I just added few for kinda have an idea of where the muscles gonna be, the bones etc etc. It's very early stage of coloring. I will add many layers little by little and then shades and highlights

Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Only artistic things I've done so far are some artwork for board or card games, since I'm into that now. I'm designing tabletop games and doing illustrations for other ppl that are making those games, like concept art, character art, various illustrations for cards, maps, etc.

I can't show much since lots of that stuff is either licensed or need to be hush-hush until the game is actually published and in retail.

I might post some on the flow clan page...

Keep up the good work.

Sweet! I have been some work for a tabletop game too! 3D modelling tho, some animation and texturing, (they wanted to implement VR to enhance the board game experience) can't say much more..... Yeah NDA are the norm for like 95% of the work I do too.

I will pass by the clan page, check out how the good 'ol fl0w is doin' and have a peak to your artwork.
Have you also seen this?
I need to smooth down the blush transition but overall I am satisfied about this other texture I made.
Last edited by Chikin; Apr 3, 2018 at 01:02 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Carefull with the mapping, with this kind of style.
You want to exaggerate the angles more. angles in the eyes, the slope of the droopy bit of the mouth, that rotting bit at the back etc.
Dont just rely on the gruesome bits to add interest, the design itself needs... more.
The detail feels superficial with the design part being a bit weak.

This kind of stuff needs more drama, dramatic lines, heavy contours and shadowing etc.
And more drama in the normal side of the face aswell, the eye shape and eyebrows and stuff.

In short, dont make it look so normal, take liberties with mapping the anatomy.
Bring that droopy jawline down more then angle it back up.
Work the vertical lines, sofar its coming across very... horizontal... or linear or something.

Dunno what the smile on the normal side of the face is about, but it brings the character into question.
The character is weak.
Make the smile bigger, maniacal almost, or make him look in pain or remove the smile entirely and go even flatter on the eyes and go completely expressionless.

Think of the face as being angled forward a bit, to add some angle to the brow area, to bring in those vertical elements I was talking about. angling the face changes the lines entirely.

Then a side note, that eyeball thing, be carefull with it, you want to keep it as a sphere, think of how it affects the mapping and the contours. it changes the whole side of the face. It pushes all that skin out and tensions it around the eyeball. Probably well into the cheek area.
Which could make for some nice interest, some nice contouring, playing with the highs and lows and shadows and highlights.
Its a big piece to pop out of the sphere.

Work the angles. exaggerate more.

And stop drawing so damn big, youre losing all the cool parts of the detail.
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 3, 2018 at 09:36 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
All drama will be applied later, basically at the end.. using the really handy "extra drama" filter in photoshop.
yeah.. I thought to spice up the "normal" side but I kinda wanted to give that confusing feeling of having a really plane expression and having some infectious or rotting skin kinda expanding that way, having veins to show up on the right corner of the normal eye, maybe tears in the eye and drool coming down the mouth
About the other eyeball, I was almost thinking to get rid of it and make the eye socket hollow, with some loose wrinkly dry eyelids.
I need also to add some inner layer of skin, tendons color transition attached to the muscles, veins, bruises etc...#
Thank for the good inputs Bendo! I will consider that for the next updates.
Last edited by Chikin; Apr 5, 2018 at 12:56 AM.