Toribash
View Poll Results: Should OLDAs age limit be lowered to 18?
Sure, one year doesnt make that big a difference.
13 Votes / 61.90%
Shit no, keep them kiddies out of here.
8 Votes / 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
over 19? Maybe over 18?
Well, something that has always been a bit confusing about OLDA is that the age limit is 19. When Blotto and I did this it was because OLDA stands for Over Legal Drinking Age, and 19 I guess seemed like the best age to go with (I think maybe it is the most common). Obviously the age changes depending on where you go in the world, like in the US it is 21.

In my opinion, the age has always been sort of an arbitrary number. OLDA has always been about being inclusive, we don't care about skill or anything, just that you are older than the majority of the TB players. If you look at our roster you will see that we have several 18yo members, the way we have always done this (lol, even if no one really ever knew it) was that we would wait and see if the person got 3 votes for yes from current members, but I am thinking maybe we should just do away with this and make the minimum age 18.

So, OLDA, what do you say? Lower the age limit by one year?
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
I will play the troublemaker ^^
I voted no, I think it is still fine to have this one year limit, it makes a kind of true "level" to reach in matter of age. It doesn't mean anything ofc, 18 is legal age to drink where I live for example, so lowering the age would be ok.
When I joined OLDA, it was also to be around a bunch of ppl more mature in the TB community. Then, the 19 y.o. limit would have some kind of sense, and the fact that 18 y.o. ppl could enter the circle with the approval of several members is a good thing imo.
Maybe change the 3 days period by something else, because I just find it is too few time to obtain members opinion. Moreover, most of the 18 y.o. members have been brought in by one or two members. Meaning that most members don't know the new comer. Hard to make a decision in that case, maybe let it a bit more time to have the opportunity to meet him/her ingame or inchat, or whatever, and make a preciser opinion.

But if you want to just stick to the drinking legal age limit, than yes, lower it to 18, it is fine by me.
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click
well since this whole org is aimed at adults, i think we should apply to what most countries consider "adults" as in...people who are over the age of 18 ( starting from their 18ths birthday onwards. Let me elobarate some more when i'm sober *hotlinks thread*
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Well since I'm only 18, I voted to 18 aswell.
Also 18 is the year in most countries when a guy gets full adult responsibility.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

18 years and onwards is actually adult so, 18 it is!

Also, Kyat, fffuuu xD
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
Open for four more days. Though honestly I think most of the active OLDAs have voted. If you talk to any who haven't, throw shit at them until they do.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.