ES Recruitment Drive
The odds of it being a full out apocalypse against all humans is slim, but robots with a.i will be used in war, one day. I suppose it's just a matter of time before we made them smart enough to realize war is idiotic.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
if machines do devlope emotions then everything you all said except isaac will make them angry enough to want to destroy us all, when we build a machine IF it is capable of developing emotions then we will want to destroy it but do we really reserve the right to destroy something because it wants to be more like humans?
It won't need emotions to be intelligent enough to see humans are ruining the earth and its inhabitants. It won't need emotions to know the solution to the problem is killing the humans that poison the earth.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
The machines would lack the instincts we have to most likely save our selves as machine would have to calculate it's danger.

We would use a lot more ammo as were on adrenaline and firing in a straight line is not an option, the machines, are machines, they aim at heat, which could mean us or the tips of our weapons. Machines would probably have the ability (if they obtain it over time) to repair and to produce if they have a central intelligence like skynet or deus ex machina from the matrix.

In a couple of years were probably going to have a computer that can calculate thought and bring out emotions out of it's massive vocabulary and calculate the situation and react on the situation.

Like the matrix it would probably start of with them givin high enough intelligence and them over hearing about them being scrapped and recycled as all bots need to be sometime. Then that bot would kill his master, be set on trial, sentenced to death, then bots around the world will also be sentenced to death, then a machine rebellion, which will then turn into a revolution, then into an all out WW or and Man and Machine!
Last edited by T0ribush; Apr 22, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
The machines would lack the instincts we have to most likely save our selves as machine would have to calculate it's danger.

We would use a lot more ammo as were on adrenaline and firing in a straight line is not an option, the machines, are machines, they aim at heat, which could mean us or the tips of our weapons. Machines would probably have the ability (if they obtain it over time) to repair and to produce if they have a central intelligence like skynet or deus ex machina from the matrix.

In a couple of years were probably going to have a computer that can calculate thought and bring out emotions out of it's massive vocabulary and calculate the situation and react on the situation.

Like the matrix it would probably start of with them givin high enough intelligence and them over hearing about them being scrapped and recycled as all bots need to be sometime. Then that bot would kill his master, be set on trial, sentenced to death, then bots around the world will also be sentenced to death, then a machine rebellion, which will then turn into a revolution, then into an all out WW or and Man and Machine!

But mate, if we had enough intellect later in life to program that, don't you think we would have thought through how we could terminate all of them? We would give them weaknesses, or even, just a button which shuts down all machines. Humans will never be that arrogant to create a machine which is much better than man, but without weaknesses.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.