Ranking
you dont seem to be using any of the tablet settings, pen pressure etc.
you also look to be out of ideas more than anything else.

most people with tablets usually just start doodling on a page, and theyr usually as bad, if not worse than yours, i know mine were.
set yourself a challenge, something intricate and just go for it, yolo
-----
ugh, i have to be the slowest texturer ever.
just cannot deal with large flat spaces and gradual shade changes, gna end up turning him into an old man if i keep going like this
and ive given him a monkey sized nose
Last edited by BenDover; Mar 10, 2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
just use a size 20 brush and make shapes once it gets kinda ok then start shrinking brush sizes

another quickie, some of the proportions and stuff are a smidge off. and i forgot how to make eyes

arg

Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 10, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
you're just using it like a mouse though.
use it like a pencil, pressure sensitivity is glorious.

keep doing things, it gets easier.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
just use a size 20 brush and make shapes once it gets kinda ok then start shrinking brush sizes

im terrified of big brushes
got absaloutly no confidence with them, no matter how much i try.
i usually try to use the detail to fill in the black spaces, guess i should put some time into it i guess.
but seeing how you simplified the nose was pretty usefull.
Last edited by BenDover; Mar 10, 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Art Program: Paint SAI
No Mirror
100% Hand draw

Preview Sketch

Preview Finished

@13Chillz: Too small eyes size than his nose and his mouth too lower (It look like ape).
Last edited by Chris; Mar 10, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
@xpad; its because you stop before you start :|

also maybe focus more on the larger shapes in the beginning.

this is what i saw :D

got ninjad twice

@chris yea ill make a better one i see whats wrong again. also one day im going to try your style to see how bad i fail

@ben i just big brush until i get some depth and direction with my shapes then if that happens i start defining with small brush. its just to get the base all there, i need something to bounce my ideas into or else i cant finish heads if i start like you or dengue

is this torso worth keeping or should i redo it?

lg

Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 10, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
torsos not bad, but its not really something id comment on when looking at the full set.
just looks like a reliable filler piece.
torsos are really difficult to work with, near impossible to create the depth youre looking for.
designs pretty haphazard.
stop thinking about it as 6 different textures, youve considered the mapping and visable area, and made a decent attempt at getting depth in the stomach, but its too much small detail.
simplify it into bigger panels that overlap to create some nice flow and work on creating depth in a larger scale.

also, i hate that yellow.
GATA is dying many times

:^)
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.