Toribash
Original Post
File type is always CRDOWNLOAD file
If this is the wrong place to post this, can someone move this plox?

So I've been downloading Roms from the coolroms website because I decided that I wanted to play Pokemon games. Later on, I had the urge to download some swexxy spar replays but something peculiar happened.

It fails to download anything and guessing it will do the same thing on other stuff. I also noticed that the file type while it is being downloaded is CRDOWNLOAD file and then changes to Toribash Replay (with 0 kb) after finishing.

I'm guessing that it's using the coolrom's downloader instead of the regular old default thingy I don't even know. I seem to be able to take screenshots just fine.

While Downloading

After the download

Last edited by SparChar; Dec 20, 2013 at 07:13 AM.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
If this happened right after downloading pokemon

Restart your pc

And try again

If that still is a problem

Try doing a virus scan and if theres a virus remove the infected file

And try again

If you still have the problem

A) rage and throw away your computer and get a better one

B) contact microsoft or linux or mac or whatever
|Ellie|Sparchar|Jack.M|Spartacraft (Forever shunned)|RossBarker|@#w#@|
Hey, there's nothing to worry about the attachment in itself. That attachment suffix means it's a currently running chrome download. I assume you're running google chrome, because that suffix is used by them to store the partial files you download, while they are downloading.

I'll attach a quote and a link to a website with some more explanation info. Ignore the software push at the bottom, the site just explains a bit about the suffix

the quotestuff and site link

In short: There's nothing nefarious at first appearances, that's a perfectly normal running download. The only thing to worry about, is if they remain a .crdownload after you finish the download process. I'm not too sure on the 0kb finished download size, though.
Last edited by eRekd; Dec 20, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
Originally Posted by ishi View Post
a quick google search lead me to http://productforums.google.com/foru...me/b62vcAkLVp8

try the fixes there and report back :O

Tried that except for reinstalling an earlier version. None of them worked or I missed something.

Originally Posted by eRekd View Post
Hey, there's nothing to worry about the attachment in itself. That attachment suffix means it's a currently running chrome download. I assume you're running google chrome, because that suffix is used by them to store the partial files you download, while they are downloading.

I'll attach a quote and a link to a website with some more explanation info. Ignore the software push at the bottom, the site just explains a bit about the suffix

the quotestuff and site link

In short: There's nothing nefarious at first appearances, that's a perfectly normal running download. The only thing to worry about, is if they remain a .crdownload after you finish the download process. I'm not too sure on the 0kb finished download size, though.

Actually, it doesn't even finish downloading. It says that it failed downloading.
My Replays
Do you try to open the file before it finishes downloading? Download failures can be caused by various things, from internet wobbles to software errors. I'm not too sure what to recommend, but to check that thread ishi mentioned and reset your download folder location, and make sure to enable all permissions in the download settings /under the hood.

There's a couple other recommendations that suggest trying to download the most recent google chrome. It's pretty self- explanatory the internet still works, so there's something else interrupting the download process.
Last edited by eRekd; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Fixed it by changing the download location. GG riches.

Nvm, I just had it working but my sister tried to do something to it. She set the crdownload files to always open as a .rpl and it seems to have broken this again. Wtf...
Last edited by SparChar; Dec 20, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
My Replays