ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Wushu with ring as default for Public servers
And by that I mean a pretty huge one, maybe 2000 in diameter.
My problem is (maybe very personal) I have recently spent my a lot time running after people whose attitude toward wushu is exasperating.

"I like running, and no I won't learn comebacks"

It's very annoying for other players, and it's very frustrating for players willing to make the effort and trying to do efficient comebacks but not quite there yet.

Not that I'm not talking about new players or occasional mistakes, I'm talking about a pretty large amount of lazy players ruining the fun for many other.
Support the idea. But I think there should be variations of this, like: public (dojo size: 2000,) then another, maybe for blackbelt+ that is at or under 1000. It's be a great way to force people to stop running, as well as try to make them better at cmbks and close range fighting (instead of, "kick and fly off.")
A wushu of radius 2000 or 1000 is the same as having no radius at all. Don't forget you can run around the circle.

Also, I don't know about your experiences in the Public::Wushu servers, but for mine runners are the minority. Why run in a 750 tf server when you can run in a 500 tf server?
Last edited by GoodBox; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
(>^_^)>
You do realize that if you're an operator, you can change the settings to having a dojo and also put the size for it, right?

Complaining about running is like complaining about shoveling. Not against the rules, nothing you can do 'bout it.

Just make your own server and change the settings if you can't catch up to people.
[RAWR]SlipAnc: two girls, one Siku
[RAWR]Siku: I was talking about having dicks in my mouth
That would ruin wushu.

One of the key aspects is combing back after launching a flurry of kicks and/or punches and then someone pushes you away, which in the low gravity easily brings you 2k away, from which you'll have to comeback fast as **** before the frames runs out.

What you are promoting is what we call Opshu, wushu with focus on the first 200 frames, which becomes the heaven of opener-spammers, as most of us easily travels 2k from a simple push-kick.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
A wushu of radius 2000 or 1000 is the same as having no radius at all. Don't forget you can run around the circle.

Also, I don't know about your experiences in the Public::Wushu servers, but for mine runners are the minority. Why run in a 750 tf server when you can run in a 500 tf server?

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
That would ruin wushu.

One of the key aspects is combing back after launching a flurry of kicks and/or punches and then someone pushes you away, which in the low gravity easily brings you 2k away, from which you'll have to comeback fast as **** before the frames runs out.

What you are promoting is what we call Opshu, wushu with focus on the first 200 frames, which becomes the heaven of opener-spammers, as most of us easily travels 2k from a simple push-kick.

So, who's right?
And in this case what's the solution?
Don't tell me "be good enough", not everybody is a god and not everybody is patient enough to stay in a room with one player going "har har har I know you don't like me running but I win", and actually winning. I've seen many players leave in this kind of situation.

Originally Posted by Dragonbreath View Post
You do realize that if you're an operator, you can change the settings to having a dojo and also put the size for it, right?

Complaining about running is like complaining about shoveling. Not against the rules, nothing you can do 'bout it.

Just make your own server and change the settings if you can't catch up to people.

Only, you don't get TC on private servers.
-----
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
That would ruin wushu.

So, who's right?
And in this case what's the solution?
Don't tell me "be good enough", not everybody is a god and not everybody is patient enough to stay in a room with one player going "har har har I know you don't like me running but I win", and actually winning. I've seen many players leave in this kind of situation.

Originally Posted by Dragonbreath View Post

Only, you don't get TC on private servers.
Last edited by MrNatas; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump