Toribash
I agree with Hours, the music didn't quite keep up with the rest of the video, quality wise.
It felt like you recorded at a low fps as well, not much to do about that if you don't have a top tier PC, but still it's a downside.
I don't know much about video making, but the camera work was superb. Things like that make a very big diffrence and I'd much rather watch this again than a "standard" proffessional of the same length.

Great work, love your style, keep it up!!
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
^ This

Congrats, I really enjoyed this video and I think you did a really good job on it

Excellent keyframing and sync, song choice was nice and the way you edited the video really fit together well

Tbh I loved how well you made Larfen's replays look, in general they're really difficult to work with due to the really odd style of movement but I think you did them justice

Thank you sir! You might be interested that I watched Va Va Voom quite a few times for inspiration. Would it be at all possible to skype at some point? A couple of things I want you to teach me to do (because, you know, you haven't done enough video-making tutorial stuff already...)

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
u should use rsmb on the entire project

Oh really? I thought it was just used to give a cool effect at certain points. Is rsmb the main way you guys have such smooth videos? Also, the parts with rsmb took SUCH a long time to render, if the whole thing had it it will still be rendering now D: Thank you for the advice TyZi.

Originally Posted by Aerotack View Post
Good video.
8/10
Needs a overlay.

*noob-mode: engage*

What's an overlay? Do you mean like smoke effects and such? I tried them out, but tbh I like the clearer look without them. Some advice on how to use them effectively would be helpful.

Originally Posted by LucidSpore View Post
I am more excited for the HD download than I was in 1997' for my N64
favorite new videooooooooooooooo

Werheyy, thanks man : ) I hope the HD version didn't disappoint

Originally Posted by Squigling View Post
Nice video 9/10 I liked the keyframing, I cant imagine how hard it would have been to do all those replays, and then sync it and have a shader that fitted. Epic work as usual. Liked how you recorded the climbing replay. What mod was it?

Thank you sir. I don't know what mod it was actually, ask Xioi That replay was awesome though

Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
Seems like some parts where with ray tracing and some without, but it's barely worth mentioning.
I absolutely love the vid, although that's not me in the credits ^^

God, yeh... I only noticed 1 replay with that as the case (perhaps there are more), and was fucking mortified. But. Didn't want to re-record the replay then re-render, was too impatient. Oh well, you live and learn.

And I didn't /lp anybody in the credits, so technically the only person in the credits is jisse

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
i dislike the music
else it's pretty much perfect

Oh really? That's a shame, I was really proud of the music. What about it didn't you like? Glitch-hop not your thing? Or you think this is some bad glitch-hop?

Originally Posted by jisse View Post
I agree with Hours, the music didn't quite keep up with the rest of the video, quality wise.
It felt like you recorded at a low fps as well, not much to do about that if you don't have a top tier PC, but still it's a downside.
I don't know much about video making, but the camera work was superb. Things like that make a very big diffrence and I'd much rather watch this again than a "standard" proffessional of the same length.

Great work, love your style, keep it up!!

As with Hours, shame you weren't a fan of the music. When you say quality-wise, do you mean the sound quality, or just that the songs aren't too great? Very glad you liked it though. And yeh, I have the cheapest laptop money can buy in the UK (literally), so I have to accept slightly dodgy quality when I record the replays (the fps mid-replay jumps between about 5fps and 20fps), can't really find a way to stop it doing that :/ the 'lock framerate when recording' option is a lie.

Originally Posted by Augans View Post
i like it

Wow...

That's the nicest thing I've seen you say
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
wow, the camera during the football parts is awesome
lots of variety when it comes to replays aswell, nice
maybe the music was a bit unfitting (and the intro cheesy lol) but i enjoyed all of it i think
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
Oh really? That's a shame, I was really proud of the music. What about it didn't you like? Glitch-hop not your thing? Or you think this is some bad glitch-hop?

i don't like the style of that certain glitchhop. i prefer more glitchy-ness, if you know what i mean.
take an old video of mine as example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdK2iWHjhMI
for the speed of this video, which i love by the way, the song just didn't quite fit in. i'd suggest using more dnb or something alike, as that goes well with fast paced editing.
it's just my opinion, though.

also.
Oh really? I thought it was just used to give a cool effect at certain points. Is rsmb the main way you guys have such smooth videos?

rsmb is supposed to be used over everything or nothing at all. personally, i don't use it. i focus more on the visual and additional effects more than a blur. but yes, using it over the entire video would probably make it look slightly smoother, i guess.
Last edited by Hours; Mar 25, 2015 at 01:39 PM.
M I N I V A N
Hey guys, so I made a new video.

There are a couple of rendering bugs, but not enough to merit another re-render.

This was my first time using mbl, rsmb and twixtor. I liked mbl A LOT. I used it very subtly in the first and second sections and a little less subtly in the last one. Let me know what you thought of the CC. Twixtor, I'm less convinced about. Although this is probably down to me not having the patience to learn to use it properly yet. But oh well.

As always, CnC is welcomed, let me know what you liked and didn't like.

I'm still trying to clean off the rust, but I think this one is slightly cleaner than my last.

BIG THANKS TO FAINT AND MOCUCHA FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Also, apologies to everyone who submitted replays which I didn't use. I had so many to choose from, it was pretty much just luck of the draw in the end. I've kept the rest saved and I will hopefully use more of them next time : )

This was edited with Sony Vegas 12 and recorded with Fraps.

The music is KOAN Sound: Infinite Funk, Dynasty, 7th Dimension

HD DOWNLOAD

Is this the one we were talking about Moop? It looks so awesome. All your vids are awesome.

But let's be honest, did you use any of the presets I have sent you?
I just want to know if my effort wasn't blown off, you know.

I also love how you change the shaders during replay and the transitions.

And the speed is pretty decent. I really like it.

Also I have noticed you like chilled tunes so check this dude, he's got some decent tunes too: https://soundcloud.com/mrfijiwiji

And the timing between music (glitch sounds) and hits is too cool during the second song.

Honestly, the sports replays with Largekilla in your video were best sports replays I have ever seen. I've been always diggin' sports in Toribash and this is just too good.
Last edited by Zephh; Mar 25, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
wow, the camera during the football parts is awesome
lots of variety when it comes to replays aswell, nice
maybe the music was a bit unfitting (and the intro cheesy lol) but i enjoyed all of it i think

Thanks buddy : ) apologies for not using your replays this time, as you can see I only had space for a few madmans! I've kept them saved for next time though

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
i don't like the style of that certain glitchhop. i prefer more glitchy-ness, if you know what i mean.
take an old video of mine as example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdK2iWHjhMI
for the speed of this video, which i love by the way, the song just didn't quite fit in. i'd suggest using more dnb or something alike, as that goes well with fast paced editing.
it's just my opinion, though.

also.

rsmb is supposed to be used over everything or nothing at all. personally, i don't use it. i focus more on the visual and additional effects more than a blur. but yes, using it over the entire video would probably make it look slightly smoother, i guess.

Ahhh I like that style of glitch-hop too! I thought these songs were slightly more... Accessible? Maybe I'll try something more glitchy next time, if people actually like glitch-hop these days.

And that's interesting, clearly I misunderstood the point of rsmb. I will try using it in the whole video next time, see what difference it makes. Thanks for such useful CnC guys
-----
Originally Posted by macho89 View Post
Is this the one we were talking about Moop? It looks so awesome. All your vids are awesome.

But let's be honest, did you use any of the presets I have sent you?
I just want to know if my effort wasn't blown off, you know.

I also love how you change the shaders during replay and the transitions.

And the speed is pretty decent. I really like it.

Also I have noticed you like chilled tunes so check this dude, he's got some decent tunes too: https://soundcloud.com/mrfijiwiji

And the timing between music (glitch sounds) and hits is too cool during the second song.

Unfortunately I didn't use any of the presets you sent me this time - I was already learning how to do a bunch of new things and didn't want to go into overkill-mode. I will use some of them next time, your effort didn't go to waste honestly! : )

Not sure how I feel about that music, it's quite nice but I'm not sure I'd use it in videos. It's also not very chilled for that genre, if you get me
Last edited by Moop; Mar 25, 2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

Thank you sir! You might be interested that I watched Va Va Voom quite a few times for inspiration. Would it be at all possible to skype at some point? A couple of things I want you to teach me to do (because, you know, you haven't done enough video-making tutorial stuff already...)

I don't really like calls in general but if you want to add me just to ask a few questions then that's fine, I'm always happy to help (Skype name is thisisskip)

Oh really? I thought it was just used to give a cool effect at certain points. Is rsmb the main way you guys have such smooth videos? Also, the parts with rsmb took SUCH a long time to render, if the whole thing had it it will still be rendering now D:

There are two ways you can achieve smoothness: 60fps, or just slap RSMB on the entire video.

It really improves the video and makes everything far smoother, and yes it does bump up the rendering times by a -lot-. I had to leave my laptop on overnight to render Va Va Voom, which is why I refused to re-render the video even after everyone said that it was way too bright. I have a better computer now though.

What's an overlay? Do you mean like smoke effects and such? I tried them out, but tbh I like the clearer look without them. Some advice on how to use them effectively would be helpful.

Yeah, it's really all up to you but in general if you have good use of mbl you don't really need overlays, especially with this kind of glitch-hop-y-ness

Overlays such as smoke or film grain can help give your videos a kind of theme, if you're going for that kind of stuff.

the 'lock framerate when recording' option is a lie.

Under video capture settings, manually change the thing to 5 frames per second. Lock framerate when recording won't raise your fps but it can put a cap on Toribash's fps, slowing down the game to a crawl. Afterwards you can take the clip and speed it up 12 times, effectively turning it into a 60fps clip at normal speed.
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Thanks buddy : ) apologies for not using your replays this time, as you can see I only had space for a few madmans! I've kept them saved for next time though

Ahhh I like that style of glitch-hop too! I thought these songs were slightly more... Accessible? Maybe I'll try something more glitchy next time, if people actually like glitch-hop these days.

And that's interesting, clearly I misunderstood the point of rsmb. I will try using it in the whole video next time, see what difference it makes. Thanks for such useful CnC guys
-----

Unfortunately I didn't use any of the presets you sent me this time - I was already learning how to do a bunch of new things and didn't want to go into overkill-mode. I will use some of them next time, your effort didn't go to waste honestly! : )

Not sure how I feel about that music, it's quite nice but I'm not sure I'd use it in videos. It's also not very chilled for that genre, if you get me

Yeah okay. I'm just curious if you did use them. Otherwise I don't really care honestly. It was an honor to help you with it.

Okay, Mr FijiWiji is too chilled for your glitchhop styled videos but if you ever decide to make something a little bit different, this dude got it. Also feel free to ask me about music, I listen to EDM for 3 years and know alot of good, totally underrated producers who has nice tunes and plus, mostly for free to download without any copyright bs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
Under video capture settings, manually change the thing to 5 frames per second. Lock framerate when recording won't raise your fps but it can put a cap on Toribash's fps, slowing down the game to a crawl. Afterwards you can take the clip and speed it up 12 times, effectively turning it into a 60fps clip at normal speed.

._.

That's so... obvious. Man, thank you haha. That will make editing substantially easier

and thanks for all the other help, you're a real asset to the art board