ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Subscribing to a board
What does subscribing to a board do?
I did it and it's not showing new threads for my private board.
Another broken feature? Does anyone know if it's supposed to do anything else?
Thanks
PM me with any and all questions
Go to your user control panel here: http://forum.toribash.com/usercp.php
It shows you all your subscribed forums, that way you can find them all quickly instead of having to search for 2 seconds on the forums.

Next to that, it's possible to add subscribed threads, and in the options you can set something that should give you an email if there's a new post in that thread. But I don't know whether that works.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It doesn't automatically subscribe you to all threads within the board. But it's pretty useful to put all sections of the forum that interest you in one place, so you can browse the forums quicker as zwouter said.

You can see in the control panel when you have unread posts within the board, too. But keep in mind that it also tells you there are unread posts on boards within the board you subscribed to. (which I personally think is pretty lame)

example

In this example, you can see I have checked every thread within the Rapid Threads board, while the Off-Topic boards still have unread posts in them. Basically the same throughout the entire forum.
Last edited by Slau; Oct 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM.
Sadly doesn't work with spy.php last time I checked.
If you have minions in your avy or sig DO NOT REPLY TO MY POSTS
geez people, i've been here for a while, I know what usercp is
I'm not interested in knowing when a new post is made, the question was whether subscribing to a board works and or is possible

If you want to see what I'm talking about go to any board, click forum tools, then click 'subscribe to this forum'
Seemingly this would let you know whenever new threads and posts are made
Thing is, I already subscribed to a board and after a new thread was created and posted in I have yet to get a notification in usercp

Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Go to your user control panel here: http://forum.toribash.com/usercp.php
It shows you all your subscribed forums, that way you can find them all quickly instead of having to search for 2 seconds on the forums.

Next to that, it's possible to add subscribed threads, and in the options you can set something that should give you an email if there's a new post in that thread. But I don't know whether that works.

Originally Posted by Slau View Post
It doesn't automatically subscribe you to all threads within the board. But it's pretty useful to put all sections of the forum that interest you in one place, so you can browse the forums quicker as zwouter said.

You can see in the control panel when you have unread posts within the board, too. But keep in mind that it also tells you there are unread posts on boards within the board you subscribed to. (which I personally think is pretty lame)

example

In this example, you can see I have checked every thread within the Rapid Threads board, while the Off-Topic boards still have unread posts in them. Basically the same throughout the entire forum.

This isn't what I asked about
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 26, 2016 at 07:22 PM.
Allright, that wasn't what I understood from your first post.

But as I think I answered in my previous answer, subscribing to a board only makes it easily reachable, it doesn't give you a notification for new stuff.
When you subscribe to a thread however, you can set an option that will give you notifications when you gt a message.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
all good, but hmm.. does that mean it's not really possible to get notifications when a new thread is made?