ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Wri]Community Project - need victims
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=533607

Need victims volunteers for a Toribash Fiction.

Post one replay of You Versus Uke in Judo.tbm rules.

All replays have to be Judo, and further participation will take place in Judo rooms.

Winners will be decided on based on the presentation of their character and how well they can "play the character" in-game.

NECESSARY Presentation criteria:
Freeplay Judo.tbm You vs Uke (you win)
At least one [/em <text>] phrase in the replay from your Tori.

OPTIONAL:

If you want to pick, you can define what type of Uke they were, and if they are a Tori or an Uke-Enforcer.
Their background skills:
Guardian Ukes
Initialization Ukes
Uke-assemblers
Cooks
DQ-Retrievers
Laborers
(anything else not already mentioned from fishing to farming to mining, from smithing to construction to munitions transport, or whatever else you can think of)

The replay needs to be done in freeplay with you versus Uke.
The first turn of the replay, you should "hold All" - just like Uke - as an indicator that this is your Tori's first expression of Free Will.

Can you get an intro replay that depicts Uke as being a "master" type - trying to punish your Tori; when your Tori resists "for the first time?"

The final decision will be made on Christmas.
I will write up "WIP" scenes for everyone in the meantime, no one gets left out, but your inclusion in the story will be based on your "Uke Awakening" clips more than anything else.

Additional participation never hurts...
But...
Participation is optional.
If you choose to participate, we must set aside time to fight in judo rooms once in a while, which will be written into the story. You do not have to participate, and all "your" contributions can (and will) be fabricated if you choose not to participate further than your intro.

The story thread is where you can submit your own writing, and issue challenges to other participants - but keep in mind that it is not the final product or the official story.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...32#post8328332

You can post your introduction chapter here, if you want to write your own.
-----

forgot to add my rpl. to be fair.

A final reminder: Your participation as a writer is completely optional.
I only need your permission to use your name and multiplayer replays for the crafting of the story "event objects".
You do not have to write.
You do not have to play a lot.
You do not have to schedule matches with me or other participants if you dont want to.

the paradigm of this project is simple:
Every "Event Object" is a default Judo.tbm match.
You awaken from Uke-state to Tori-state and embark on an adventure.
During your adventures you slaughter Ukes, and encounter other Toris.
Tori Encounters are online matches with other contributors.
Uke Encounters are offline matches in free play.

You have to submit your own Uke replays if you want content, you have to engage with other contributors in multiplayer if you want content, otherwise your character is participating in name only and everything will be fabricated...

Replays add authenticity and naturalness to the Events, and can alter the course of the story depending on the outcome of the encounter.

If you do not have time to contribute encounters, they will be fabricated.

If you can commit to this, it will be a very unique and creative project!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Attached Files
Suicide_Do_Scene_I.rpl (22.1 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by SuicideDo; Oct 28, 2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: clarity of event
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Thanks for the re-up! And for the record, you can say any confounded line of gibberish you want, not just yer name. i chose to be generic for intro purposes ;)

An important not is that i am looking for judo players specifically, to keep the writing a little more consistent with game - mechanics. but this will do for an intro replay. the intro replays are no real hassle, since you get to be creative and authentic.

But if you can load the Judo.tbm mod into freeplay, it would keep everything consistent with the story itself. I'm hoping to gather a few fights between contributors online in the judo servers for full effect.

The main reason for keeping with the Judo.tbm mod is the 70 frames per turn unification with match descriptions. So again, while an intro replay doesnt as strictly need to be judo, everything will be done in judo thereafter whether you're contributing directly or in spirit.
I hope you understand that i am fairly strictly looking for judo replays because its easier to write 70 frames than it is to write 3, then 5, then 10. or thereabouts.

---------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Thanks! I'll write your intro for you if you don't want to submit that to the thread?
Last edited by SuicideDo; Oct 18, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
I am going to volunteer for this event , but i seem lost a lil bit lost.
Last edited by Moataz; Oct 18, 2015 at 03:44 AM.
its all good. hard to describe i guess?

What are you confused about?

You can write a little intro of your own, or i can take control of your characters thoughts and ideas and write it for you, but that's up to you.

I'll be busy, but i will look for time to get online and hopefully synch up with participants and we can do judo matches online to add to the story events.

Each fight is an in-story event that we craft in-game. does that make sense?

Any questions, just ask.

This is a story, be creative ;)
after the Uke replays have been submitted and an intro is written (or not) challenges against Toris, following the Uke Awakening premise, can be written into the story using the other thread..

Judo rooms can be used to craft the fights in a sort of real-time sense, and then written in.
I'll provide the first few examples, until y'all get the hang of it. The key is to stick to the theme outlined in the first post.

the paradigm of this project is simple:
Every "Event Object" is a default Judo.tbm match.
You awaken from Uke-state to Tori-state and embark on an adventure.
During your adventures you slaughter Ukes, and encounter other Toris.
Tori Encounters are online matches with other contributors.
Uke Encounters are offline matches in free play.

The more you play freeplay, the more the story makes sense: Uke just sitting there taking all the shots. Uke wakes up and fights back. and so on and so forth.

*You* are the "Uke" that wakes up and fights back in this story.

I'm like the narrator. Except i also have a character
okay, well this is the thread to submit a judo.tbm freeplay introduction fight.
If you want to add a story, you can post it in the story thread, but that's only if you fancy writing it yourself

If you have a replay you want to submit, you can do it here, and i will write the story accordingly thanks

All players whose submissions are written-in will be credited and notified of each segment of their contribution as it is encountered, so as to give them the most creative control possible - if they choose to utilize it.
There are some specific positions i am considering for in-story participation aspects you can choose from when introducing your Uke-Awakening; which i will edit into the OP:

Guardian Ukes
Initialization Ukes
Uke-assemblers
Cooks
DQ-Retrievers
Laborers (anything else not already mentioned from fishing to farming to mining, from smithing to construction to munitions transport, or whatever else you can think of)

This will help me with introducing your characters appropriately, rather than abruptly.