Ranking
Re: To the people complaining about having to pay for 2.0
We aren't complaining, we just aren't going to buy it.

Not entirely true, most people ARE complaining AND aren't gonna buy it. I'm not saying everyone is, but quite a few are.
It's a good game, but I wouldn't buy it. Maybe if twice as many features were added.
i haven't been here long but i feel as if i owe it 2 hampa to pay for that game,
it's a good game and i wana keep playing and it feels moraly right to pay...

but right now it's back to owning metal gear solid =P
Agreeed, i forth that *shoveltoface*
Hampa has been working on Toribash for 3 years. but to take it further it costs alot of money. Personal if i was old enough to have a credit card i'd donate money to him.
i want to see Toribash go into i Global craze.
Everybody knows that money makes the world go around, toribash is already f**king awesome, imagine it with proper funding.
Not only am i gonna buy toribash the game, but i so want a bloody toribash T-shirt too.
Plus i suggested to Hampa that he add in a another 2 joint functions( twist left and twist right) to toribash 2.0 or higher, if hampa managed to add that in, then paying for newer versions would be majorly worth it. In toribash there is trillions of possible moves, with 2 new joint functions, that makes your options open to the millions of trillions of moves.
Originally Posted by Bowdy
I think your thread topic is wrong, because most people feel the same way I do. We aren't complaining, we just aren't going to buy it.

1. How do you know how most people feel? Did you do a survey with a significant representation of the community?
2. If you're not complaining about it, the topic does not address you. It addresses people who ARE complaining. I am cool with those who quietly go away; hey if you don't pay you're out, simple and fair, and I have nothing against you. But I'm pissed with those whining about no longer getting free service, as if they have always deserved it.
Even though I'm not planning to buy it, I agree people shouldn't complain about it costing money because it's someones hard work (or even complain about the price). For me it's a value thing and I don't think I'd get the value out of it, so the price is an issue but only because I'm not willing to pay X for Y.
Originally Posted by Abysmal

Not entirely true, most people ARE complaining AND aren't gonna buy it. I'm not saying everyone is, but quite a few are.

Those of you who are complaining about the complainers are far worse. Hampa is making a huge mistake here. Most of us are saying that Toribash will flop if it becomes a for-money game, especially at a $25 price tag. You guys may be like "WELL BUY AT $15 QUICK BEFORE IT BECOMES $25", but that doesn't change the fact that the game is not, in its current state, worth $25 (or even necessarily $15).

I know hampa wants to generate capital from what he has worked on, but honestly, he will not succeed. Wouldn't you tell someone you appreciated that commiting suicide is a bad idea?
Originally Posted by di4gram
Originally Posted by Abysmal

Those of you who are complaining about the complainers are far worse. Hampa is making a huge mistake here. Most of us are saying that Toribash will flop if it becomes a for-money game, especially at a $25 price tag. You guys may be like "WELL BUY AT $15 QUICK BEFORE IT BECOMES $25", but that doesn't change the fact that the game is not, in its current state, worth $25 (or even necessarily $15).

I know hampa wants to generate capital from what he has worked on, but honestly, he will not succeed. Wouldn't you tell someone you appreciated that commiting suicide is a bad idea?

LOL TO EACH HIS OWN MAYBE A BULLET TASTES GOOD I SUPPORT ANY IDEA!
You know, this game contains sound effects from Half-Life 2...
Originally Posted by di4gram
. . . but that doesn't change the fact that the game is not, in its current state, worth $25 (or even necessarily $15).

That's your opinion, not a fact.

And again, this addresses to people complaining about having to pay. If you're simply giving a word of advice, that's not complaining. But you do not give the same "advice" over and over again until the person agrees with you - that's called complaining, not advicing.

Wouldn't you tell someone you appreciated that commiting suicide is a bad idea?

Exactly. It is suicide to keep paying for a server out of your own pocket for everyone indefinitely. If anyone does not believe it, try it yourself. I'll mourn for you.

On the other hand, I'm sure any impact on the popularity of Toribash resulting from this change is not going to hurt hampa a bit. He'll still be able to do everything he's been doing, which is developing this game.

BTW I think that goes a bit off the original topic. I think the idea was to ask people politely to go play the demo and stop complaining.