Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Head Preview 2
Hi guys,
I am currently planning for THP2 (click here if you dont know what THP is).
I have a few ideas for what features to include. I want you to suggest a few more. I do not guarantee any of these features, even the ones I suggest as I have not begun thinking about how to create them (I do not need help with this).
THP2 will be a complete rewrite from THP with a new basecode and everything.

Feature list (will be updated periodically)
  • Source code will be available from the start (open source)
  • Can run in Windows, Linux and (possibly) mac
  • 3D and 2D texture view and you can edit the texture in either or both windows
  • An option to reduce the detail to the same as in Toribash
  • An option to scale the image in the 2D texture view to make it easier to modify (it is stretched on the sphere)
  • An option to remove the neck from view (so you can see the whole head)
  • lights, background colour and axis options as is in THP (but with better control)
  • More detailed error reporting when the texture is wrong (wrong size, compressed, not 24bit, not tga)
  • Converter from bmp and compressed tga to the correct tga format
  • Included launcher and texture picker
  • fixing numerous bugs which are in THP

Feel free to suggest more! Infact, thats why I created this thread!
I has a flavour
Re: Toribash Head Preview 2
Originally Posted by slainveteran
Hi guys,
I am currently planning for THP2 (click here if you dont know what THP is).
I have a few ideas for what features to include. I want you to suggest a few more. I do not guarantee any of these features, even the ones I suggest as I have not begun thinking about how to create them (I do not need help with this).
THP2 will be a complete rewrite from THP with a new basecode and everything.

Feature list (will be updated periodically)
  • Source code will be available from the start (open source)
  • Can run in Windows, Linux and (possibly) mac
  • 3D and 2D texture view and you can edit the texture in either or both windows
  • An option to reduce the detail to the same as in Toribash
  • An option to scale the image in the 2D texture view to make it easier to modify (it is stretched on the sphere)
  • An option to remove the neck from view (so you can see the whole head)
  • lights, background colour and axis options as is in THP (but with better control)
  • More detailed error reporting when the texture is wrong (wrong size, compressed, not 24bit, not tga)
  • Converter from bmp and compressed tga to the correct tga format
  • Included launcher and texture picker
  • fixing numerous bugs which are in THP

Feel free to suggest more! Infact, thats why I created this thread!

sounds like a brilliant idea =)

Cheers! u get a karma and 30 credits!
<Grath> Slain - THP should have a couple things: 1) Spin the preview, 2) draw on the head, and 3) More cowbell
<bncy|slainvet> i need to start THP2
<bncy|slainvet> can you add "magical spinning preview" to the thread? I am on my laptop and don't want to login to the forum...
[21:15:14] <Grath> Vii has the power to instantly stun any male
[21:15:17] <Grath> It's called 'boobs'
ok guys, more input required! I have bumped this thread as my questions are related to THP2.

I am currently planning on 3 windows:
  • 3D Window
  • 2D Window
  • Console

The 3D window will have the preview of the head, the 2D window will show the texture and the console will allow you to change heads, it will inform you of incorrect file settings and allow you to convert between file types.
The console will be a custom console window and not a DOS-box. It should be much smaller.

Anyway, the questions: What sort of sizes do you want for the windows? What sort of maximum width do you want for the console window? Do you want the 3D window square? What size do you want the 3D window? what size do you want the 2D window?

Do you want the 2D window zoomable (likely to be limited to 2x). Also, do you want the 2D window to stretch the texture out horizontally so it looks the same as how it maps onto the head?

What sort of background colours do you want for the 3D window? What colours do you want for the console? (white text on black? yellow on black? red on black for errors? black on white?)

What file types do you want me to try to open? (currently looking at bmp and tga [+ compressed])

If you are not sure what size you want, let me know your screen resolution, I can then try to make it fit into the screen for everyone.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by IRC
[00:02:12] <Tonjevic> you need to make a better method for scrolling around the 3d view head
[00:02:27] <Tonjevic> like you do in google earth would be preferable
[00:02:35] <Tonjevic> it spins at the speed of mouse drag

Although, don't make it continue spinning after you have stopped. That would suck for something like this.
The way it's done now is a little bit shitty.
Keep up the good work Slain, I can't wait till it's done
<ducky> The game.
<siku> ducky: i didnt know this was 2005 and 4chan
<siku> sorry, i hate the game and you should shut the fuck up about that retarded bullshit
<siku> you should link us to awesome and edgy motivational pics next or maybe pedobear
<siku> inb4 rep needs toriprime or vip lmao rofl that /b/ is grate
<siku> is this the part where you educate me on memes, further showcasing your amazing 4chan findings
<siku> word x is a meme lmao rofl
<+veb> someone make ducky smod