Toribash
Original Post
[Tweak] Multi-core CPU slowdown fix
Well, haven't seen this kind of advice anywhere maybe I'm wrong, but here it goes.

If you have problems with TB running slow. and you have a multi-core processor, try either of these:
a) -Go to your graphics card's control panel (I use NVIDIA, Ati users, try doing something similar)
-Click on Manage 3D settings (it's on the left side)
-Click on Program settings
-Click on Add
-Go to your toribash install folder and select tb.exe
-Now with that done, scroll down, and turn "Threaded optimization" off (for tb.exe)

If you can't do the one above, I'd recommend the following:
b) -Each time you start TB, go to the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete)
-[WIN7] Click on "Show processes from all users"
-Right click TB.exe
-Click on "Set Affinity"
-Deselect all cores expect one of your choosing (I'd choose something else than CPU 0 if I were you, for reasons I'm too lazy to write down here)
-This has to be done every time you start the game's executable, since affinity settings aren't saved by windows.

Voila, you should experience a significant boost in your framerate.
this Tutorial helped me :3
The fps got higher!
THANKS!
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]
Thanks for this!

Also, how exactly does it increase the fps when you set the affinity to cpu 1 or whatever?
I <3 coffee
Originally Posted by umgcow View Post
Thanks for this!

Also, how exactly does it increase the fps when you set the affinity to cpu 1 or whatever?

Well..
Most applications are old, they were developed for computers with single CPU cores. That could be translated, more or less, to CPU 0 in modern computers. Old applications rely on CPU 0 a lot more than they do on the other cores. That's why, for example, you could experience major slowdowns on a 2ghz quad-core CPU compared to a 3ghz single core processor when running older applications. These old programs simply can't utilize the remaining cores that well, unless you tell them specifically to use one core only. If you use a core other than CPU 0, there's a good chance you are using a core that is running idle most of the time. That's why, for example, I set another core to run my music player while playing games, so the application strains CPU 0, the main core, less.
Of course, there's no such thing as a main core, that's only because of the x86 applications' limitations.
Last edited by ynvaser; Aug 11, 2012 at 01:57 AM.