Toribash
Original Post
[VID] First Edit
Just got into editing, I think it's pretty decent so far but probably needs a lot of work.
Its only a WIP so far, so I still have a few more replays to add to it. If there is anything that I should change/fix make sure to tell me
(Yes I know there is that black line at the bottom, fixing it in the next WIP)

Programs used: Sony Vegas, Toribash, and fraps
Last edited by Truth; May 11, 2015 at 12:18 PM.
Really good work for a first video, you've got the basics down

Freecam was decent enough at following the tori (Something that most people starting out can't really do) but it wasn't really dynamic. You could try having the camera take a path around the tori rather than just moving in one direction. It'll take a bit of practice but it'll really add to your videos once you get the hang of it

I'd suggest right clicking on your clips and selecting "Disable resample". This gets rid of the effect you see during fast movements where SV tries to blend together two frames to make it seem smoother. After that, you might consider getting RSMB (ReelSmart Motion Blur) to replace it, which really makes everything in the video seem a million times smoother.

Your sync was more or less on point, great job there

Screen pumps weren't perfect but they were executed rather nicely compared to most of the other videos with them that I've seen. Experimenting with fast/slow keyframes may help polish them a little further

Also it's just my opinion but you should really have more madman replays in a song like this where there are so many opportunities for you to use them. Tricking replays are good but not when they outnumber the madman ones
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
It seemed to me that there was a small black line on the bottom of the screen sometimes.
The black flash at one point was out of place.
Otherwise for a first edit that was very good.