Toribash
Original Post
DC Universe Online
Set in the realm of the DC Universe (Dunno why I state this), you basically get to make your own superhero and be either a villain or a hero.

This game is pretty great, it combines the instance/gear aspect of world of warcraft/everquest/etc. It has early level dungeons, called alerts. Then the same alerts become hard modes, and there are also raids (i'm not high leveled enough to know much about these, but I know they exist). The bosses actually pose a challenge and are pretty fun if I say so myself.

The combat system is great too, it uses 6 abilities at a time, and 2 usable slots (1-8 on your keyboard). I'm sure you hotkey more abilities, but I haven't figured out how to yet. It combines this spell system with an fps(ish) system, where you use your left and right mouse buttons to attack, and if you use them in certain orders you get to use special abilities with your weapons.

The PvP is just great. Hard to explain, but it's great.

The quests are awesome too, you get to mentor under a certain hero/villain and do missions based on who you mentored under. I currently mentor under the Joker and it's pretty sweet.

All this info is from my head, so far I'm level 14 with the level cap being 30, and this game is highly replayable and in my opinion is better than world of warcraft.

My character is

Motyapa - Blood and Glory (PvP) level 14. Anyone else play this?

I'll add pictures/videos later

Some Arena PvP (Capture the Point)

First Dungeon you get to play

Last edited by 2worlds; Feb 3, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Yeah i have heard.
I keep seeing that commercial. I might actually try it. It looks sick as hell and you are most likely right about the gameplay and the physics based on what i have seen.
The Color BLUE is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.
How graphically taxing is it? I've been looking to pick up another MMORPG and I've been considering this, but I feel like it's probably going to be a shitty CoH clone. Is there a free trial available?
back from the dead
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
How graphically taxing is it? I've been looking to pick up another MMORPG and I've been considering this, but I feel like it's probably going to be a shitty CoH clone. Is there a free trial available?

Afaik there is no free trial

But coming from someone who has played both CoH and DCUO they are nothing alike (okay except the whole superhero thing). Personally I think that CoV/CoH has better customization and powers, but more people play DCUO and it's just overall better, it has gear, instances, pvp is good, etc. It's not that graphically taxing, I mean if you can run games like TF2/l4d/etc you can definitely run this. My PC is medium tier and I play the game pretty smoothly on medium-high settings.

However, this is just coming from my personal experience

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

has DCUO on it, and watch the videos I just added to get an idea of the PvE/PvP system in it.
-----
I ncase you missed my wibbles thread, I'll try to stream some gameplay whenever I play it

http://www.own3d.tv/live/10493

offline atm,
Last edited by 2worlds; Feb 3, 2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I'd get this just for the character customisation if the game play didn't look so horrendous.
collect snots from the nose
I'm not a fan of having to pay for a subscription to play my games, but this did pique my interest.
One question though, even though it uses the afore-mentioned "fps-ish" combat system, does it still have that ridiculous "I swing my sword therefore you get hurt. Doesn't matter if it didn't make contact" sort of thing that games like WoW have?
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
I'm not a fan of having to pay for a subscription to play my games, but this did pique my interest.
One question though, even though it uses the afore-mentioned "fps-ish" combat system, does it still have that ridiculous "I swing my sword therefore you get hurt. Doesn't matter if it didn't make contact" sort of thing that games like WoW have?

I wouldn't know, but so far I don't think this game even has a system where people you shoot/swing at can even dodge O_o.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I play it my name is Magic Scout but im on PVE im on lvl 29 and u guys can download it for free at PS Store its pretty awesome
I played this game for some months,
Almost completed it.

I recommend you to start with a tank or a healer.

Hitboxes were not well done, the fact you cant dodge an attack or deffense is not effective affects all the gameplay.

Still a good game, short and fun.