ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Art] home

made in gimp 2.6
c&c is appreciated
Last edited by pal; Mar 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM.
yes, i use gimp for everything i do.

[21:52:05] Thomas: pal
[21:52:07] Thomas: what is that
[21:53:49] a piu: a corner
[21:54:05] Thomas: of
[21:54:06] Thomas: what
[21:54:29] a piu: of my soul
[21:54:35] Thomas: that's deep man
[21:54:36] Thomas: deep
[21:55:13] a piu: you bet
Not buying the "deep" part of this, yes you got some shading and some action going on, but I think you should much rather focus on making something the common crowd will understand.

I am probably not the right person to say this but I think you should rather practice drawing/making normal things, use references, tutorials etc.
Reminds me of a tricuspid valve for some reason.
Looks good to me, pretty solid shading you got there.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Not buying the "deep" part of this, yes you got some shading and some action going on, but I think you should much rather focus on making something the common crowd will understand.

I am probably not the right person to say this but I think you should rather practice drawing/making normal things, use references, tutorials etc.

i'm getting started on illustrations, and i'm not aiming to make something random but something i can relate to. it's my art, not the viewers'.
maybe you could share some tuts so i can get better, if you know some anyway.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Reminds me of a tricuspid valve for some reason.
Looks good to me, pretty solid shading you got there.

it's suposed to look vein-y, glad i made that idea clear for ya. i'm glad you like it too.
reminds me of alphas heart piece
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/6957377.png
no one really got that either

technique wise, i think a few simple modifications would have made it much better
making the black area a chasm, rather than an orb, would have made for simpler and more effective depth. the white/lighter parts could just have been floating.

i like your attempt at creating depth, with blurring the foreground, unorthadox and effective, although still quite rough and blatant, being a bit more subtle with it, maybe making several layers, and making the change into the midground more gradual would have felt more natural.

creatively, yeah youve given us motivation, but i dont really feel it. you did it like i did my art projects in school, made something and thought of something cool to say about it, then finished it off.
its there, but it doesnt really matter. in the end you did it for practise, for fun or just because.
the motivation doesnt affect how i look at the piece, doesnt matter though, it doesnt have to.

i would take ezeths advice and try do something more figurative, work on some technique
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
actually i didn't remember alpha's heart, neither the chasm idea.
thanks for your c&c

Originally Posted by BenDover
made something and thought of something cool to say about it, then finished it off.

i thought of something cool first and then made something, like i said before i wouldn't make random stuff without a reason