Toribash
Original Post
[RA]STA - Openers aid(s)

eeaasy Rasta ! Here's where we fix your openers. And you don't even have to be in the clan ;o (but do ask first, k?)
Post any opener "project", basically almost anything can be turned into decent move/opener, and the rest of us will try to improve that move, so it's decent opener.

You can learn on examples of others - just check out what other people are doing so their openers are amazing.

It basically goes down to ideas like:
a)twist chest and pecs in one way, then, next turn twist them in another (basic thing, on which you can base many openers)
b)relax all and contract foot, play with other joints
c)both pecs extended and hold on whole spine
d)hold all, relax legs, and twist chest
e) relax all, start setting legs first, before you start playing with chest area
f) do some random settings, etc.

Basic ideas, that actually need to be "fiddled" with, for opener to be original.

You can also note down your own openers, and start setting joints from parts of tori that you would normally wouldn't set it from. You'd rather notice that ragdoll moves in some way that you didn't see before. That works with many moves, from different players.

But I'd be happy to try to fix your opener, or just make another one, inspired on what you post here. Come on.

You have nothing to lose, and help to get.

NOTE: this is for RA members mainly, though some people might post their openers after seeking permission. I don't want this thread being full of random people, k?

Ok get going, rastas.

PS. Yea kickass, that was inspired by your post, so would you make first reply, dood;P?
Last edited by H4rl3quin; May 28, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
deady: "Sahee (...) you bitter Pollock (...)"
thanks alot sahee, this will probly help me alot, imma be referring back to it for a while

Edit: First one, i already kinda made sumthin outa this, but see what u can do.
Edit2: gotta go to work. be back in like 9 hours. or so.
Attached Files
1111thread opner starter.rpl (5.6 KB, 185 views)
Last edited by Kickass; Jul 18, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
[RelaxAll]Nikelaos:Kickass is chained to this clan with indestructible shackles, his balls are also superglued to the chair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad to have you glad. Post some replays when ready.
Replay posted,
[RelaxAll]Nikelaos:Kickass is chained to this clan with indestructible shackles, his balls are also superglued to the chair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having two turns of opener in question would be more informative on what do you want this opener to accomplish.

Here you have first help.
it's 3-turns opener, with low second turn, and double kick 3rd, though 3rd turn's kicks will depend on enemy's actions.

Here it is. try to post 2 turns or 3 turns openers, however crappy you think your ideas are.
Maybe it'll be enough to change state of 3 joints from what you have already done, to make one of best wushu openers ever. ;|

PS not that this one is the one ;).
Attached Files
kickasshelp1.rpl (16.7 KB, 157 views)
Are Uppercut openers even good in Wushu?
I should try to get active if i want to even think about joining I suppose ^_^.

I have 4 Openers I would like to ask you guys for help on improvement. These openers haven't really been worked on, other than by me. Maybe you guys can get more creative with them.

Thanks

Lol at the "NOTE: this is for RA members mainly, though some people might post their openers after seeking permission. I don't want this thread being full of random people, k?"

Am i the epitome of failure to follow this note?
Attached Files
RandomGuy New Opener test.rpl (66.1 KB, 55 views)
RandomGuy TigerUppercut v2.rpl (16.6 KB, 59 views)
RandomGuy Opener 6.rpl (11.1 KB, 41 views)
RandomGuy Opener 3.rpl (16.7 KB, 32 views)
An Opener idea for Kickass
Hey, I don't know if you wanted to do something like this. Here is a 3 turn opener that i was messing around with.

I'm not sure if the knees touch, but i'm sure if you wanted to go this route, you could fix it to not touch.

Replay is posted i think.
Attached Files
Kickass Frogger Spin.rpl (11.0 KB, 69 views)
It seems sweet with dt 100 glitch, keep in mind to use sambo.tbm with classic's gravity, as posted in other thread.
Other than that: Randomguy, your openers are good, I changed opener no 6 and tiger uppercut.

Please use valid wushu settings. I added valid wushu settings' mod here.
Use it plox. It's easier for those who want to help you edit your replays. Thanks.
Attached Files
opener6.rpl (8.4 KB, 62 views)
tigeruppercut.rpl (22.5 KB, 76 views)
wushu.tbm (429 Bytes, 57 views)
Wushu Settings in Single Player
Thanks for the rules, i never actually knew what they were lol.

Is there a way to save those settings? everytime I seem to change any settings, whenever i close the game and open it again the settings go to default, you know with the 100 engage distance and whatnot. My settings never save anymore.