Toribash
Original Post
[GM]Recruitment drive

Hey you! Yes, you! We are looking for some new blood, do you feel like applying? Do you think you are good enough? A path to become one of us is wide open now!

What do we do
The GMs are in charge of hosting in-game and forum events you see around Toribash and also work like a kind of in-game police, dealing with all sorts of reports from players. Basically, we are here to make sure the game is fun and interesting.

What kind of people we are looking for
Creative and active. You think you have some great ideas for events and a drive to make them happen? Then it is a job for you. You are going to work with people so being talkative and people's person is a great addition. As we do have power to ban people, you also need to be mature and reliable (there is no age limit, though). Finally, you need to be able to communicate with players from all around the world so speaking good english is necessary.

Why be one
It is the best way to help the community. It is also fun. We all want to see Toribash grow and thrive. Being able to have a hand in that, bringing smiles to the faces of hundreds of players is a great privilege and great responsibility. There is also special reward system. By doing your job well, you can earn special points. These points can be used to get you some items or fancy forum stuff like animated avatars and unique usertitles.

How to apply
You can send a free-form application to Powas, Jtank, Scorpio, Cheshyre, AzureMage, or Ryan. You are required to include your timezone, but everything else is completely up to you. You may want to take a look at this tutorial, though. As we we will be reading and voting on every single application, this process will take some time. There is no set limit of applictants we are going to accept. Those who are accepted will receive a special PM with congratulations and initial information about trial process.

Special recruitment for artists
You want to help us but becoming full-fledged GM does not sound so appealing, you are afraid you might not have enough time for the job? There is a way, as long as you can do art. You see, we need banners for our events, so if you have some kind of artistic talent, you may apply for a GM Artist position, which will allow you to closely cooperate with the team. This job is unpaid. Please include examples of your works (try to include at least one banner) in your application.

If you have any further questions, you are free to ask them here, but please do not post things like "I applied" or "Good luck to everyone else" - those posts will be deleted and you will get infracted.

Forum banner, visible at the top of the page is a work of Pheature.
Last edited by Scorpio; Jan 4, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
retired
I'm interested in applying, but due to rl my activity is very low. Can I have an idea on how much time we need to put in per day?
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Ideally, we would like you to stick around our irc channels whenever you are online, so you're available whenever something that needs GM attention happens. That said, hosting wise, you need to host not less than 3 in-game events a week.
retired
I suggest that instead of talking about how you've changed, show it. Constantly going on, asking if you're mature enough isn't getting you anywhere. Actions speak louder than words.
Also, unless you have a legitimate question or response, don't post in here. This is strictly made for the recruitment drive, not how we view you (nor your actions) on a personal level.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i just want to know if the time u joined toribash is taken in consideration ??
because most of the GMs are 9th dan or higher, example 2WC he joined 2 years from now
Last edited by Loki; Nov 1, 2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: i cant spell xD

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
Neither time joined nor belt or ranking are taken into consideration for GM. Theoretically, you could be a white belt and still get gm.

The trend of most gms being higher belts would just be from playing the game for a long period of time and having experience with it. The Gamemaster position has nothing to do with it.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Um, did i miss a post, or did i not see, who made the banner for this event?
I should really find a clan.
I have a couple more questions.
If you are denied do you receive any form of notification?
If you are denied can you send another application, if so, how long do you need to wait first?
Last edited by xXExoXx; Nov 1, 2014 at 06:45 PM.
Originally Posted by xXExoXx View Post
I have a couple more questions.
If you are denied do you receive any form of notification?
If you are denied can you send another application, if so, how long do you need to wait first?

Originally Posted by Powas
Those who are accepted will receive a special PM with congratulations and initial information about trial process.

With the second question, I've been told to wait ~6-12 months before you apply again or use your gut. Hope I helped.
Last edited by Aez; Nov 1, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Originally Posted by Aez View Post
With the second question, I've been told wait ~6-12 months before you apply again or use your gut. Hope I helped.

With that being said, if you are denied, we will not inform you. I waited 2 months after applying before I got accepted. It takes time so you have to be patient.
A hasbeen like the rest