people playing: 131, servers online: 35, games played: 142,541,743 Top Player: davisalgad

Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
nikosefs
ub3r

Drunken Master Belt

hey you can take example from jolly, almost 10 years of activity,and i guess we were not popular enough for legend status
nikosefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Lionet
Forumite

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
hey you can take example from jolly, almost 10 years of activity,and i guess we were not popular enough for legend status

im not sure why you didnt become legends though, I really thought you would
-----
Oaky: I think this is somewhat fair though, wouldn't be cool if a not-very-known clan got legendary status even if it has a lot of "legendary achievements". As role-models they should be further more than just a clan full of medals on their shelf, but also respected and famous around the community

oh and sorry for being so controversial here, I had in mind a clan with a wins in tournaments but all members are dickheads and act stupidly for example. Not that a clan like this exists (I guess), but I think that's a possibility

anyways sir already said this system has its flaws then my argument is kinda pointless

just wanted to say sorry, I felt dumb

Last edited by Lionet; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
nikosefs
ub3r

Drunken Master Belt

beats me man,personally i dont think i ever did something to contribute to the community, but im sure some jollies did, either in replay making,ingame awesomeness, marketing , art making, mod making,
i dont know what else
nikosefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
Lionet
Forumite

2nd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
beats me man,personally i dont think i ever did something to contribute to the community, but im sure some jollies did, either in replay making,ingame awesomeness, marketing , art making, mod making,
i dont know what else

you guys were one of my first inspirations, even before I started fanboying Urban

also big names had joined JollyR at some point. I'm not sure about what JollyR did for the community because I wasnt present in forums until a year ago, but im pretty sure you got quite a reputation back then
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
Rutten

Green Belt

I feel like once in a while, the community should get to pick some legendary clans/players.

Have people post in a nomination/application thread, then post a poll with all the nominees. Then choose top 3 clans, choose top 5 players.

Rutten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
-HOPE

Brown Belt
Clan: Gangsters
Server: bets

Originally Posted by Rutten View Post
I feel like once in a while, the community should get to pick some legendary clans/players.

Have people post in a nomination/application thread, then post a poll with all the nominees. Then choose top 3 clans, choose top 5 players.

thats a good idea, but i feel like some might be bias but it could work
HOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
Lionet
Forumite

2nd Dan Black Belt

Candidates are chosen by the council who will remain anonymous.

They are meant to be the role-models of the community, and to give newer players something to strive for.

more or less. Considering those quotes I think community is not one to judge whether someone is worth being role-models or not

The ToriLegends is a group comprised of the best players and artist around Toribash.

however im agaisnt this "council" judging this criteria here

I still would like polls, at least the council should take it as research I guess
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
Erth
One Bang Dan

One Bang Dan Black Belt
Clan: UrbanUnit

Anyone can nominate a legend, and start a discussion.
Public voting would be dumb, though.
raid | JollyR | Urban | Tribe | NO | T
ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | NOoT | Team Judo
Clan Squad Lead - pm me for questions
Not currently taking Clan Squad applications
IMPORTANT CLAN THING

Also I stream tetris https://www.twitch.tv/onebangdan/
Erth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Ele

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Aeon

Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Anyone can nominate a legend, and start a discussion.
Public voting would be dumb, though.

From cowmeat's thread.
Originally Posted by tertywerty
This is not the place to discuss legend nominations.

Pm an admin and tell them about your nomination so it can be discussed in the appropriate board in private by the council.

Well apparently only the 'council' can start and participate in these discussions.

Seems pretty dumb to me that in the /discussion/ board, we can't discuss what we want to. It's a serious topic, so these discussions ought to be allowed to happen. If posts are found to be useless/derailing, then delete and infract/warn. Makes very little sense that these discussions are completely barred from happening here.
-----
What's so wrong with having the community discuss who (or which clan) they think should be legend here, and having the 'council' participate in that discussion? Or would that be too engaging for the 'council' to handle?

Last edited by Ele; 1 Week Ago at 06:40 AM..
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Flame

Pure Twin Belt
Clan: All Stars
Server: bets

in my opinion, in addition to all the reasons clans could be picked as legends could be like achievements, like hitting a certain amount of time staying #1 clan on clan list or something to do with clan wars etc
topkek
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote