Toribash
Original Post
New iMac
Discuss

21.5" starting at $1199.
27" starting at $1699.

The available quad-core Intel Core i5 or Core i7 “Nehalem” processor in the 27-inch iMac puts four processing cores on one die, so data doesn’t have to travel far to get from core to core. This boosts application performance up to 2x over the previous-generation iMac.1 And unlike systems that connect memory to the processor through a separate controller, these quad-core processors connect memory directly to the processor, improving memory bandwidth up to 2.5x.

The ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor delivers up to 4x faster performance than the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M — ideal for 3D games and graphics-intensive applications.3 For the ultimate in graphics performance, choose a 27-inch iMac with the ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor.
Last edited by JesseBean; Dec 18, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Woah, that's uh pretty.. expensive. I don't get why they are. I mean a similar windows would cost probably $999 or more.

It looks pretty awesome btw.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
A 27" screen cannot be adequately powered by a 4850 in 99% of games, as they suggested you would play.
However, 99% of games don't run natively on Macs, so why are they pushing that?
What stonewall said. Aren't most games windows.? Well, without the process of bootlegging atleast.

Quickquestion: do macs support directx 11?
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Ohh, shiny screen.

Too bad that A, that large a resolution probably won't be supported by a 4850 in games, and B, it's a Macintosh. Macs don't deal with games too well, in case Apple hasn't noticed yet :| Very few commercial games support Windows AND Mac, and bootlegging/emulating more often than not is a buggy and unreliable process, even if you know what you're doing.

tl;dr: IRONIC FAIL.

(Insert here a comment about how you could get a PC at half the price with the same power etc)
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
Ohh, shiny screen.

Too bad that A, that large a resolution probably won't be supported by a 4850 in games, and B, it's a Macintosh. Macs don't deal with games too well, in case Apple hasn't noticed yet :| Very few commercial games support Windows AND Mac, and bootlegging/emulating more often than not is a buggy and unreliable process, even if you know what you're doing.

tl;dr: IRONIC FAIL.

(Insert here a comment about how you could get a PC at half the price with the same power etc)

But you're completely wrong! They're Intels.

Meaning, with Parallels, Windows XP/Vista/7 you can run it while you run OS X. You can press a button like CTRL + ArROW KEY and it swaps into the other OS. The computer is powerful enough so you can be playing Crysis on Windows while swapping back into OS X to play with Photoshop.

:O!!

You can't get the same computer for the same price or lower... maybe just maybe. But remember this, first you gotta get the case, then buy those parts, then the keyboard... the mouse, then the 27" screen! theeeeen you gotta buy your OS - what does all that add up to? probably the price of these macs
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
A 27" screen cannot be adequately powered by a 4850 in 99% of games, as they suggested you would play.
However, 99% of games don't run natively on Macs, so why are they pushing that?

Most of the games are also released in a mac version. Look at the apple store on their website

Also what veb said.
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
What stonewall said. Aren't most games windows.? Well, without the process of bootlegging atleast.

Quickquestion: do macs support directx 11?

Are you serious? DirectX is a proprietary microsoft rendering system.
Cool people make their games in opengl anyways.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well