ES Recruitment Drive
i have that 21 !/2" mac with ati radeon and 1tb of hard drive, and i love it lol i actually feel comfortable downloadin shit on it and it runs shaders at 62 fps, even if im running, imovie, photoshop, safari, iphoto, and garageband, while downloading urban terror. so im pretty impressed by this mac lol
With windows 7 macs don't have the antivirus cost advantage anymore, since microsoft's security program is pretty darn effective so far. Plus it's lighter and faster than kaspersky! Ahhhh windows 7 :]

I just wish they could bring back the matte screens. I use my pcbythe window since that's the only place I could fit it in my room setup, and I can't imagine how bad things would be if it was glossy.
Also, magic mouse hurts, just throwing that out there. I was also disappointed that you couldn't pinch to zoom on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
With windows 7 macs don't have the antivirus cost advantage anymore, since microsoft's security program is pretty darn effective so far.

since microsoft's security program is pretty darn effective so far.

so far.

thats what they said about every other Microsoft os.

But were here to talk about the new iMac, not about how much mac is better than windows.
Mac vs Windows ends now, please.
If you want to discuss open a new thread and don't start a flame war.
Back on topic.
Clan Blood Leader
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
These are rare and like all viruses, these 'superviruses' need a path to get through into your computer. Not opening any suspicious emails or links usually prevents against this, unless the virus infects an entire website that you regularly visit, but even then my (FREE) antivirus has great heuristic detection and so I don't think I would be in much trouble. And in case, against all odds, my computer did actually become unusable- I would buy a new PC. Know why? Because the cost of the new PC plus the original cost of my broken one would still probably be less than a Mac of equal performance.

I have never had this happen and probably never will and even if it does happen it still wouldn't justify a Mac's price tag \o/ Plus, as I understand it, these 'superviruses' are among the minority of viruses that can affect a Macintosh; in addition, even regular, low-tier viruses can infect a Mac if you're emulating Windows on there :|

Well you can get infected and never really know about it. lol. Actually that can happen to everybody that uses Windows, even the ones using an Internet Security suite.

And I doubt such viruses would infect Mac or Linux. Viruses are developed for windows and rely on its structure to be effective. "emulation" or "windows compatibility layer" are unable to provide the correct environment for viruses to take over the system because its an isolated and limited to providing libraries for some applications to run.

However, it is possible for an infected file to be manually spread by the Linux or Mac user who doesn't know that it is infected and therefore could inadvertently infect other windows systems.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Dec 31, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by Hopea View Post
Back on topic.

quoted for the motherfucking truth
Back on topic.

ok
i liek turtelz xd
It's unfortunate that a lot of hackers realize that due to this, very few people have antivirus. I'm sure that since market share is rising, we will be seeing a lot more malware for apple
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
And there are a lot of people who have made regular apps for Macs. If you made a normal app, you can make a virus.

Of course, Apple has most likely realized this already, and will make necessary adjustments.

You've got to hand it to Apple for being efficient with business.
i liek turtelz xd
Back on topic.

Originally Posted by robertpuddy View Post
They do not have a CPU which makes it unique for Apple. They can promote their products by saying it saves space and the other good thing i know about Apple is out of 10 people who has a computer, 7/10 are using Window OS whereas the remaining are Apple OS, if you were the hackers, which OS would you rather hack?

Puddy, did you not get this message?