ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Help with VLC
So i want to watch star trek and i got the dvd but when i got to play it it shows a messy green screen but the sound comes out

can someone help me i have lookd over the net but no results
Originally Posted by Loachflava View Post
So i want to watch star trek and i got the dvd but when i got to play it it shows a messy green screen but the sound comes out

can someone help me i have lookd over the net but no results

Are you sure the DVD is working on other systems?
VLC doesn't need additional codecs so it should be able to play the DVD with no problems. Try some other players instead to see if there is a problem with the DVD.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
A fresh reinstall would be good just to make sure. It's not a large program either so it wouldn't be much of a hassle. And the obligatory reboot.
Also try playing it back with windows media player to be sure.
If that doesn't fix it, then its probably not VLC being broken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
What the two guys above me said.

I've never had problems with VLC, so I think it might be your disc. But stuff happens, so it could also be VLC.

I back up the two guys above.
I have installed VLC and opened the movie file and made the sync adjustments. Now I need to know how to save the fixed version so that I can reborn it onto a DVD. Any help with the program would be greatly appreciated!
Just try upgrading to the newest version. Are you watching one of the TV shows or one of the movies? I know no TNG or DS9 has blocks from watching them on a new computer. The new movie might be different though. Try watching it with different media programs and try watching different dvds with VLC and see what works.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well