ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Mac Vs Windows
Originally Posted by Hopea View Post
Mac vs Windows ends now, please.
If you want to discuss open a new thread and don't start a flame war.
Back on topic.

You heard, I answered. As said, do not start a flame war with this.
i liek turtelz xd
Windows is better than Mac because Mac is worse than Windows.

WHAT A HIGHLY CONSTRUCTIVE POST. YOU ARE AN ASSET TO THESE FORUMS SIR. ~KiTFoX
Last edited by KiTFoX; Jan 1, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
I think MAC is better.

I don't hate the PC computer itself, just the programs it uses.

Microsoft is always coming out with new versions, draining away money. These 'New versions' are supposed to be a lot better, but have very small changes.

The microsoft programs are really annoying. It is most of the time pretty slow, crashes frequently, and never stops asking about updates (Ex. 'Would you like to download this new version of *Blah Blah Blah*? 'No.' "Are you sure you wouldn't like to download this?" "Yes." "This update is very 'special', you should download it now. Do you want to download it now?") and it doesn't do a very good job at all at blocking pop-ups. Some stupid people believe the pop-ups, do what they say, download some stupid stuff and get a virus.

The Mac, on the other hand, has pretty nice software and is a nice looking computer.

It comes with pretty cool free applications, it's fast, it will block almost all pop-ups if you active the anti pop-up thing, it has useful, easy hot keys for doing various things so that you can put in less effort rather than going through a 5 minutes briefing of 'Do you want this?'.

Apple also comes out with very nice software updates, and doesn't have you 'playing the slots' or 'gambling' for new updates that don't do too much other than make everything flashy.

And just to prove that I'm not just saying mac is better, I'll say this; If microsoft comes out with software better than Apple software, I'll choose mac over pc because PC runs that microsoft program that is better than apples. I won't just stick with a mac because its previous software was better. I'm no fanboy.

I also will not say 'PC is worse because less people use it' if people start using macs more. If one is better than the other, then choose the better one.

Most people who say pc is better is because they always have the reason 'My friends have pcs'... Or '90% of the American population uses pc, so why should I use mac?' Because most of that '90%' has never even touched a mac. Neither do they know what it does, so try it yourself.
Originally Posted by alert242 View Post
I think MAC is better.

Microsoft is always coming out with new versions, draining away money. These 'New versions' are supposed to be a lot better, but have very small changes.

The microsoft programs are really annoying. It is most of the time pretty slow, crashes frequently, and never stops asking about updates (Ex. 'Would you like to download this new version of *Blah Blah Blah*? 'No.' "Are you sure you wouldn't like to download this?" "Yes." "This update is very 'special', you should download it now. Do you want to download it now?") and it doesn't do a very good job at all at blocking pop-ups. Some stupid people believe the pop-ups, do what they say, download some stupid stuff and get a virus.

The Mac, on the other hand, has pretty nice software and is a nice looking computer.

It comes with pretty cool free applications, it's fast, it will block almost all pop-ups if you active the anti pop-up thing, it has useful, easy hot keys for doing various things so that you can put in less effort rather than going through a 5 minutes briefing of 'Do you want this?'.

Apple also comes out with very nice software updates, and doesn't have you 'playing the slots' or 'gambling' for new updates that don't do too much other than make everything flashy.

And just to prove that I'm not just saying mac is better, I'll say this; If microsoft comes out with software better than Apple software, I'll choose mac over pc because PC runs that microsoft program that is better than apples. I won't just stick with a mac because its previous software was better. I'm no fanboy.

I also will not say 'PC is worse because less people use it' if people start using macs more. If one is better than the other, then choose the better one.

Most people who say pc is better is because they always have the reason 'My friends have pcs'... Or '90% of the American population uses pc, so why should I use mac?' Because most of that '90%' has never even touched a mac. Neither do they know what it does, so try it yourself.

agreed
OLDA pobpnuk: i like other girls zaktt: SHIT
ABORT ABORT QUICKKK
I don`t know Mac that well, but my reason for not considering it as my new OS is just its price. Contradict me if I am wrong, but as far as I know Mac controlled Computer with the same performance as Windows controlled Computer are about twice as expensive.

But if this thread is just about the functions of both OS and doesn`t consider the price as a criterion, just neglect my post.^^
---Moddeling Claytobash 1 and 2-------Proud winner of XmiechoX`s Tourney---
Originally Posted by alert242 View Post
I think MAC is better.

I agree on that, although that's Microsoft. There are thousands of independent programmers who make good alternatives that don't have that problem.

The microsoft programs are really annoying. It is most of the time pretty slow, crashes frequently,

This is normally the users fault by having too many programs open that exceed the RAM capacities.
and never stops asking about updates (Ex. 'Would you like to download this new version of *Blah Blah Blah*? 'No.' "Are you sure you wouldn't like to download this?" "Yes." "This update is very 'special', you should download it now. Do you want to download it now?")

You can turn off those notifications, or the entire update process, though.
and it doesn't do a very good job at all at blocking pop-ups. Some stupid people believe the pop-ups, do what they say, download some stupid stuff and get a virus.

Idk, vista is pretty good at that sort of stuff. But, I rarely use IE anyways.

Those things should be in effing art museums.

Windows has thousands of free applications that work better. It's just that Microsoft doesn't preinstall them(Although I heard rumors that they were going to put firefox instead of IE, ftw)

And the one thing I hate about Mac's keycodes are the symbols.

Have you even seen snow leopard? That thing's just a Windows service pack.

Technically you said Apple was better than MS there...

Just look at linux. Great OS, most people have never heard of it.

Ok, I FUCKING HATE THAT. Really. This is just an ignorant assumption that is untrue.
i liek turtelz xd
i say bouth
if u what stile go for a mac
if u whant gaming get a pc

well u get verry good mac's tho but it cost alot
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
I agree on that, although that's Microsoft. There are thousands of independent programmers who make good alternatives that don't have that problem.

This is normally the users fault by having too many programs open that exceed the RAM capacities.

You can turn off those notifications, or the entire update process, though.

Idk, vista is pretty good at that sort of stuff. But, I rarely use IE anyways.

Those things should be in effing art museums.

Windows has thousands of free applications that work better. It's just that Microsoft doesn't preinstall them(Although I heard rumors that they were going to put firefox instead of IE, ftw)

And the one thing I hate about Mac's keycodes are the symbols.

Have you even seen snow leopard? That thing's just a Windows service pack.

Technically you said Apple was better than MS there...

Just look at linux. Great OS, most people have never heard of it.

Ok, I FUCKING HATE THAT. Really. This is just an ignorant assumption that is untrue.

Technically you said Apple was better than MS there...: I did. Right now, to me, it's a lot better. I just really don't like how you have to do everything on a windows.

Have you even seen snow leopard? That thing's just a Windows service pack.: I'm using Snow Leopard right now, but I don't see how it is a Window's service pack. I'm a little confused at this. Mind to explain?

Just look at linux. Great OS, most people have never heard of it.: I've mostly seen people use it as a laughing stock on the internet, and real life.