Toribash
Original Post
Cant install games on steam
I've had steam for a while on my computer and I just ordered L4D2 the other day and have been attempting to install it ever since.
The problem is that when I try it says that the steam servers are busy(and apparently have been for the past few days).
The installer gets to adding the local game caches and once it says "installing from disk" it comes up with the server busy message.

I do not need to post my stats because I am comfortable saying that I my computer is in the top 10 ones in this game. However, I do have satellite internet if that is of any importance but I did attempt hooking my computer up to dial up and it did the same thing.

EDIT: WOW! My brother had created a cracked account and used it on my computer and it saved that info to my steam settings and even an uncracked account wouldnt have worked... the solution, a completely fresh install of Steam. So problem solved, just delete this thread or just close if you wish. Sorry for making a useless thread.
Last edited by Yourface; Jan 3, 2010 at 02:52 AM.
if you bought it legal over steam and paid allready, your allowed to dload it illegal, cause you paid the full price.
means:
you r allowed to have the game. ( doesnt matter from where. )
Check out my Youtube!