ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Those new graphics look fairly attractive, I have to admit. It will take the cartoony aspect out of league of legends. I hope they also update all of your heroes.

They're not heroes!! They're champions!
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
if you're having trouble in whatever league you're in and can't get out, making a new account isn't going to randomly throw you into a higher league and increase your skill level dramatically, you're going to get placed either above where you are and do poorly (unless you magically get better), get placed at the rank you're at right now, or get placed lower and have the same problems as your main account.. you can't simply solve all solo q problems by making a new account and expecting a super high rating. even then it wouldn't change much because you're still going to find idiots no matter what rating you're at. don't think you're stuck where you are because of your teammates, if you think like that then you will never climb

The issue isnt my skill the issue is the non cooperation in bronze.
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
The issue isnt my skill the issue is the non cooperation in bronze.

if you truly are "better than bronze" you should be able to carry yourself out of there. in mobas, its never your teams fault for losing, its your fault for not carrying
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
if you truly are "better than bronze" you should be able to carry yourself out of there. in mobas, its never your teams fault for losing, its your fault for not carrying

-----
In a game where spells scale with gold? In a game that hugely depends on teamwork? MOBA's are TEAM GAMES. That's like saying that whenever your team loses a soccer game, it's solely your fault. It's absolute bullshit. I want to see you win a game, where I and three of my friends are absolutely doing our best to fuck shit up. Was that your fault? Well, according to your logic, yes. You didn't carry.
Last edited by Arglax; Jun 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
f=m*a syens

-----
In a game where spells scale with gold? In a game that hugely depends on teamwork? MOBA's are TEAM GAMES. That's like saying that whenever your team loses a soccer game, it's solely your fault. It's absolute bullshit. I want to see you win a game, where I and three of my friends are absolutely doing our best to fuck shit up. Was that your fault? Well, according to your logic, yes. You didn't carry.

You aren't going to win every single game. Well, I mean, you can. Faker(best league player, korean dude, league equivalent of dendi) went on a ~50-something game undefeated streak. It's definitely possible that you can singlehandedly win games if you're good enough. Anyways, my initial point was, if you play better than the elo you are at, you will climb because you will win more games than you lose.

You mathematically have a lesser chance to get trolls/afks/whatever you think is holding you back than the other team do.
Hoss.

-----

unfortunately thats the mentality you need if you want to get better. its literally how you teach yourself how to carry 1v5. itdoesnt matter if your team went 1-9 and you went 15-3 and still lost. the problem isnt that your team went 1-9, the problem is that you didnt carry as 15-3 and you need to learn and focus on what YOU did wrong and what YOU could've done better, not your team
Last edited by Rai; Jun 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM.

-----

that might be your way of thinking, but that isn't actually how it works. this is part of the reason so many people are trapped in the imaginary "elo hell"

you have to at some point realize that you're doing something wrong and understand that if you are playing at a higher level than your current rating, you will climb if you stop thinking the way you are now. not to mention, the other team you're facing is probably in a very similar predicament as you. obviously there will be games you can't win, no one is perfect, but the more negative emotions you throw into the balance of the solo queue scale, the worse that scale is going to balance out and eventually it's going to break and you're not going to go anywhere, you're going to drop
Last edited by Faint; Jun 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
You're playing a game with 4 other complete strangers, for you to get better and climb the ranks, you're not to look at what your team mates did to ruin the game, every game has that. You should look at what you could've done to, maybe not win the game, but make it a closer game, or a harder one for the enemy team. Ranking depends on what you do for the team, not what the team does to you.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

-----

unfortunately thats the mentality you need if you want to get better. its literally how you teach yourself how to carry 1v5. itdoesnt matter if your team went 1-9 and you went 15-3 and still lost. the problem isnt that your team went 1-9, the problem is that you didnt carry as 15-3 and you need to learn and focus on what YOU did wrong and what YOU could've done better, not your team

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
that might be your way of thinking, but that isn't actually how it works. this is part of the reason so many people are trapped in the imaginary "elo hell"

you have to at some point realize that you're doing something wrong and understand that if you are playing at a higher level than your current rating, you will climb if you stop thinking the way you are now. not to mention, the other team you're facing is probably in a very similar predicament as you. obviously there will be games you can't win, no one is perfect, but the more negative emotions you throw into the balance of the solo queue scale, the worse that scale is going to balance out and eventually it's going to break and you're not going to go anywhere, you're going to drop

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
You're playing a game with 4 other complete strangers, for you to get better and climb the ranks, you're not to look at what your team mates did to ruin the game, every game has that. You should look at what you could've done to, maybe not win the game, but make it a closer game, or a harder one for the enemy team. Ranking depends on what you do for the team, not what the team does to you.

Arglax is the only one who seem's to make any sense in this conversation.
In a game where their are teams vs teams you cannot 1 v 5. It is statisticly impossible when playing as any champ without AOE. Most jungles/tops are playing without 1 single AOE. And those are my mains. I have proven non stop I am better than every bronze I have played with. And yet cooperation makes a whole difference in every game.
Well, I suppose if you want to be literal about the whole 1v5 thing........

Raid Boss Nasus begs to differ.

You are exactly where you belong after about 100 games of ranked. Anything more than that is an improvement.
Hoss.