Ranking
Original Post
Borderlands 2
"Borderlands 2 is a science fiction–based first-person shooter with RPG elements and the sequel to 2009's Borderlands. It is currently under development by Gearbox Software for the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. The game is expected to be released in 2K's 2013 fiscal year, which begins in April 2012 and ends in March 2013." -Wikipedia

Alright, so Borderlands 2 is coming soon (some reports are saying as early as the end of February), and I'm really excited. I played through the previous game at least 3 times, and collected every single legendary weapon.

Borderlands 2 is promising even more unique guns. The graphics also look to be improved, with the artists now incorporating the colour green to their palette. There was also an upgrade to the map, it's now about 1.5 times bigger than the original game, and the player can now look beyond the area they're currently in and see different areas. They also added different climates, most prominently a snowy, mountain area. More details are still being released, but there was a 14 minute demo at PAXcon 2011 that was leaked onto youtube showing some amazing new features.

EDIT: Just found a new gameplay video that was posted about a month back. It's not much, but it's something.

Screenshots
Last edited by HiVoltage; Oct 1, 2011 at 04:35 AM.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
If it's anything like the first one, I'm buying it. I love Borderlands :3
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
I think the original had a lot of flaws, and it really doesn't seem like they fixed a lot.

Also the 'amazing new features', I didn't see any new systems? The only difference is 'at least 1 different class' and 'skill trees now cannot all be viewed at once' which is a step backwards right? :S That was a major crit of Diablo 2, and they corrected it, but now they have reverted :/

I heard they are using the new sparse octree voxel radiosity engine, but not sure if that is true, the game surely doesn't need it. In fact I would love if they simplified the game a lot more, it would really be great with vector graphics ~ !

I will probably buy it for social reasons, but so far it looks more like a 'new episode' rather than a sequel as such.
Although they're not changing much, I'll probably end up getting it. Just the "Wal-Mart Gun" concept made me intrigued alone >:L
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah
Frankly, I'm not getting it because of all the problems it may or may not have fixed, I'm getting it because it's a reinstallment of one of my favorite games and from the footage, it appears that they've added more guns, and those guns seem to be more unique than the guns in the last game. I liked Borderlands as it was, and if Borderlands 2 improves off of that then I'm happy.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
I'll get this simply because it's more Borderlands.
I wonder if there's a bonus for returning players from the first one? Character import, guns, previous guns converted to money, bonus items, aesthetic things?
wow i loved the first one and this looks awesome too i will try to get it tho i have some doubts since it looks a bit to much cartonish =/
Imaparrot~!
9 billion weapons and counting...

seriously though, no game needs THAT many guns. honestly...
~Artist~
~Chess's #1 fangirl!~