Toribash
Original Post
Amnesia : the dark descent
I have seen maybe two threads about this game but neither of them were updated nor had a lot of info in them! Let's hope this one would be better!

Even though this game is about 2 years old, it still has a lot of players and a lot of good receptions, and is still being bought throughout the world.

For the ones who don't know, amnesia is one of the scariest games out there, and is very original in it's genre!

This game is released for the PC.

A bit of the story

The player is in the role of Daniel, a young man who lives in London, who awakens in
Brennenburg Castle with little to no memory about himself or his past (thus the "amnesia" part in the title). Plus, a shadow is chasing him.

Yes that's pretty much all I can give you guys knowing that pretty much everything left will spoil the game. Will include spoilers though later on!

Gameplay

Well like what was told earlier, you play the part of Daniel (first person view), a young man living in London. You will not be able to know what to do knowing that you drank from and amnesia potion, so all you do now is explore the dark halls of the castle!

Now for the thing you've been waiting for : Horror!
Let's start slow shall we? Daniel is afraid of the dark, so standing in the darkness will drain his sanity, which will not only make your screen blurry and pliable, but it will also let the enemies spot you easily, so you better light some candles using the tinderboxes you find, or light the lantern you have, but remember not to drain it's oil (don't worry there are oil bottles throughout the game).

Now about the enemies, the game has two sorts of monsters : grunts and brutes. They are patrolling the castle all through the game, so you better not be spotted, but what happens if you do? Well Daniel doesn't have anyway to defend himself, so if you get spotted, RUN and don't EVER look back, and when you find a place to hide, take your chances and hide there.

Some things you should know, I don't know if they could count as "spoiling" the game but I'll include them in a spoiler just in case. They are most likely some facts about the monsters.

Facts and tips

The game also contains some unforeseen and surprising (in a bad way) events. Like I door suddenly opens or a window cracks, those will also drain your sanity.

Plus, what's great about this game is it's real time actions. Such as you can open the door as slowly as you want, or as fast as you want (though always try to open a door slowly, look left and right, if no one is there, go inside and do not forget to close the door behind you, yeah that's right, I forgot to do so once, what happened after that? Well all I can give you is this smiley : O_O). The same with wardrobes, closets, drawers...

Custom stories

Guess what, when you finish the game and don't know what to do next, you can always try some custom stories, or you can make your own horror filled story, with your own new and scary events (it's not like the other game editors where there are options you just tick, no, you can do what ever you want as long as you have the editor's mind, along with creativity).

To check out some custom stories go
here.

If you want to make your own custom story, download the level editor and read through the tutorials
here.

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edeOI...7D50BE6B51AF9E

Someone playing it and talking to his friends on skype who are also playing it (funny).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M627-obxNzg

Teaser trailer.

Images

Grunts

Brutes

Last edited by EJM; Sep 22, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

My balls are not hard enough to play this game.
I dont like being spooked, not that this gonna give me nightmares but I always hate that.

Even though I may try playing this game, when I will be ready.
Well just a heads up, finishing the game isn't enough. Even if you play this game another time, you will still be scared.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Hum....i'm a fan of creppy,terror,or anything related to that,but after the What the fuuuuuuck video...maybe not.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people
Hamsters ♥ Eternally proud to be Fyre ♥
Old thread.

This is why the search function should not be a premium feature
However I think this thread has more info than the previous one.

On topic: Yeah this game is scary as hell if you let yourself get sucked in to it. I haven't played it for a while but it never ceases to scare my friends who try it for the first time.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Old thread.

This is why the search function should not be a premium feature
However I think this thread has more info than the previous one.

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
I have seen maybe two threads about this game but neither of them were updated nor had a lot of info in them! Let's hope this one would be better!

You know reading works better than the search function in times like this!

Anyway I'd love to see some custom stories from toribash players here so please add them here if you made them!
Last edited by EJM; Sep 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

This game ist so awesome I wish my graphics card could handle this game but.... it's not good enough...I need a new one... Anyways I played only the Demo Version.
Last edited by Vytus; Sep 24, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
this is a good game i playing in the sewers rigth now lol.

i just want to see the next game from frictional game :3
Last edited by jemg1997; Sep 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: scared
Im not a noob D: proof : here
This game is so freaking scary and awesome!
im playing on costume story and its awesome.
its a really nice and cool game. i think frictional are going to do a new game and i just cant wait!
OSHI• •OoT