Ranking
Original Post
[Help]Trine 1 and Dead Island
i bought these 2 games on steam
i also asked for help in Steam Forums

Trine:
trine 1 i played it for 40 minutes and now it doesnt even start... i loads and crashes without showing error... sometimes it shows the Frozenbyte logo and crashes, and 2 of those crashes gave me blue screen of death...

what i tried:
reinstalling game
reinstalling Nvidia Physcx and Nvidia Drivers

Dead Island:
i open it, it shows me the game logo and crashes...

what i tried:
changing in game.ini the line Locale("En") to Locale("en") (it was a fix in the steam forums) but it didnt work
reinstalling the game
reinstalling Nvidia Drivers (because of trine)

my specs:
GPU : Gainward 9600gt 1gb ddr3
CPU : Amd Phenom ii x4 965 3,4ghz
Ram : 3gb ddr3
Last edited by extremerun; Feb 26, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
Hard to tell... but given the BSOD's you got it could be a hardware issue. Make sure to write down the ridiculously long error code when you get it next time and stick that into Google.

As for Dead Island, I've had the problem previously and mysteriously fixed it by running it from the desktop shortcut with administrative permission (right click shortcut -> Run as Administrator).

For both of them you could try verifying the cache files in the steam client (right-click game -> Verify Cache Files) which will check for any missing or corrupt files and replace them.

Other than that I'm not sure there's much else I can suggest.
i tried to play Trine standalone version and it worked fine so i guess its a steam problem

dead island i can get it to start but it crashes during or after the Deep Silver logo video.

also the ridiculous long BSOD code started with 0x000008E (0x000005) or something like that
Verify the game cache for both. that helps sometimes.
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1832449_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Free TC!

did that more than once :P
and reinstalled them

atm im trying to reinstall Dead Island again so lets see how it works
games are working

had to reinstall steam

please close this thread