ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Incorrect Flag/Countrycode
Hi. My flag/country says "DE", but it should be "NO" (Norway).

Hope i didnt overlook somewhere to change it.
it alway happen to me too.
just re-login ingame to fix it(it work for me and for some player) but idk why it happen...
just a fancy signature
Originally Posted by Darkerharder View Post
just re-login ingame to fix it(it work for me and for some player) but idk why it happen...

In my case it has been incorrect ever since it changed from the "arrow up" flag. And neither logout, restart or forum logins helps.
Go to another computer download toribash on the new computer then login thats how i fixed it
Originally Posted by jkawig View Post
Go to another computer download toribash on the new computer then login thats how i fixed it

I'm using Linux, but i figured since there is no settings for country, that it gets auto-detected by toribash.com or server(s). I'll try deleteing it and see what happens.
Flag system is based on your IP. So maybe toribash detect this ip wrong or sth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"1 tf = win" Onsola 2k16
This is the best informnation I found, hope I helped.

Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
It all boils down to your IP. If your internet provider has IPs that are signed as British, the TB country-detection system will consider you British. The IP check for purposes of flags / country codes is done once every ~week or so it seems.
Some IPs don't point to any country at all. Some are completely wrong, e.g. some PL people had Norwegian flags before. This is especially apparent if you have dynamic IP, you can witness a whole range of different flags if you're (un)lucky.

There isn't much you can do, essentially you'd have to either change your internet provider or contact them to have it resolved somehow. Even if TB admin set your country code manually, it'd just reset back during the ~weekly IP check.

It's toribash, or rather toribash hosting/service provider(?), who is being given incorrect or outdated geo-ip data delivered to them. (imo it has to be).

An admin tried to correct mine, manually, from "DE" to "NO", but i didnt even notice any effect from the attempt to fix it. Meanwhile, any ip tracking/who-is services i've used in the past and recently, recognize my ip correctly as being Norwegian ranged.

* The admin who tried to help me on IRC, verified for him/herself, that my IP, there, was Norwegian; before changing.
* My flag was detected days before i even logged onto, or openened this website; i installed Toribash by Steam
* When the Admin changed mine to "NO", i didn't even refresh the website, but tested for effect in the game first. But didn't work, it just went back to "DE" or didn't change at all.

Oh well. Not a crisis.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Aug 22, 2015 at 08:45 PM.