Ranking
Original Post
Removing historical clans - rip
So I just saw this, meaning that they're removing all the, dare I say, legendary clans in Toribash.

I'd like to quote what one of the members of RAWR posted in the thread linked above, since it's a good argument.

Originally Posted by WeRd View Post
well guys it looks like we didn't spam enough on the forumz or idle in IRC 24/7 so thats it.

we've been a clan for almost 8 years now ffs. We lurk around, post when we need to, and play when we can. For a game so community driven like toribash you guys seem awfully happy to break ours apart. Based on Gynx avatar he even seems to take a bit of pride in it.

If you do decide to kill RAWR then thats a shame, it was really the only thing that kept me coming back to this place after all these years.

Oh by the way..Toribash has about 3.5 million registered users. At the time I am writing this there are <500 people online. the irony here is killing me.

What are the community's opinion on this? Is Clan-mods taking this too far or is it about time?

Edit: This is a discussion thread, please don't get this closed by shit-posting without any real arguments.
Last edited by Hattersin; Apr 24, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
PM me with any and all questions
I saw that and also this from the alien's 2nd inactivity warning/removal, which also has a point to it;
Originally Posted by andrzej18 View Post
Dear Gynx,
Can you please explain what do you mean by "you've failed your second activity check"?
Explain please the criterions of your taking such decisions.
Frankly speaking i do not understand what you really expect to see. Most of us are 20-28 years old, we study and work, some of our members are in the army now.
The main idea of the clan is to develop the international relationship, cooperation and communication. According to this i would like to tell that we correspond that kind of standards. We are quite active in communication on forum.
We all began playing this game long time ago and at that time the game as a whole was norm but nowadays we understand that nothing has hreatly changes and that's why most of us are not active in game. But that doesn't mean that we cannot stay as a clan anymore. Much can be said about lot of such clans ( and the most famous is as we all know MAD) It would be unfair if you close the first russian speaking clan.
Please take this into consideration.

to be honest I'd say doing this is driving away the old players who come back to the forums/in-game to converse and catch up with their old friends, on occasion when they have the time.
I don't really see what harm they are doing in being less active, since a percentage come back for the clan league anyway, it's not like they post once every 6 months..
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
are they really removing RAWR? then why is MAD still a thing?

Maybe they are, I don't know. Perhaps it won't since Hampa is in it but I can really only guess.
Last edited by Hattersin; Apr 19, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
To start off, why do any of you care when you were never in those said clans ? I am assuming that there is a set of rules that apply to all clans, giving priority to some clans over others is not the fair thing to do, since they are all classified as "clans". I can't stand people who bring up the arguement "But these clans made the Toribash community what it is today!". No. It was not the clans themselves that made the community thrive, it was the individual people in those said clans that strengthened the community as a whole. As far as I am concerned, they have done a great job over the past years, but they have pretty much given up and handled the torch to the new generation of community members. Everyone has to move on, deal with it.
Unjustified removal

This is completely stupid even if they don't post as much it does not matter. They are active but they have so many active members. Even alot of members that are important too the toribash community. The fact that they post outside their own board more than they do inside shows their activity even more. The more they get involved with community the better the name they make for their clan. I think they only see their clan board as important topics related too the clan, not some area where you post nonstop. Other clans post too get too know their own members and talk with each other but every clan has different ways. RAWR is more mature than most clans and it is ridiculous that they even have the thought of considering them dead when they do so much in this community.

Also i'd like too bring up another fact that literally within an hour of Gynx making the thread pronouncing RAWR "dead" RAWR members post (In their board) arguing that it is unjustified. If they were dead then it would take atleast a week for a RAWR member notice that thread.
Well, I mean I clan that isn't active on it's thread should be removed it's like making a clan to look good, that's kind of what RAWR turned in to.
However it is unfair that they aren't given more than 2 chances, ex: 3 strikes and you're out.

The new clans need place and to be honest I think the old ones are taking that away. Not that I don't love old clans. They they give good examples of how to stay active on the forums.

I am for and against the removal of historical clans. I can't decide which thoughts overpower which.

I hope that made sense.
How in the name of god can you remove a clan with such historical value, it's not like all their members were inactive either!
This should be taken back, even though new clans need chances etc. they can't remove one of the most historical clans in Toribash history!
I AM AGAINST THIS REMOVAL!
•[Wapow]••Flame••Error••Hattersin••Cheshyre••BetxOnxM e•
Originally Posted by EvoSoda View Post
How in the name of god can you remove a clan with such historical value, it's not like all their members were inactive either!
This should be taken back, even though new clans need chances etc. they can't remove one of the most historical clans in Toribash history!
I AM AGAINST THIS REMOVAL!

They honestly don't care about the historical value, they have mindset "Kill it, put it in the museum". But you the fact that they have alot of important members in their clan, and the clans has alot of active members who are involved with community is what i am pissed about.
Remember this is a discussion thread and the probability of anything said here changing the clan-mods decision is next to none. This isn't a protest thread so you still need to (or should aim to) try to present original opinions or add something to the discussion when you post rather than just complaining about them closing old clans.
-----
The aim of this thread shouldn't be to create a final perfected verdict on these actions so they can be changed because the clan council has probably already spent much more time thinking about this than us lot ever will and concluded that activity checks are the correct thing to do. Stop treating it like your opinion matters to the clan mods.
Last edited by Zelda; Apr 19, 2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Good morning sweet princess