Toribash
That’s a cool idea, I’ll help out however I can but I need my tc atm, so I can’t go wasting it like I used to.
Living life, loving life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Discord: Sunther#1111
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
That's something I wouldn't want to lose. I'm going to be raising some TC and I'm considering running some events using and promoting the clan name, for example, 30-50k tourneys.

I thought about this one too,but I want to raise the TC in the clan bank first.Then make bigger events with even 200K prize
NO TITLE
The only issue I have with the idea of high stakes prizes is that, if we look at the bigger picture, there is a much higher demographic of people who have less than 100,000 TC, compared to those who have over that amount which is due to one of three reasons:

- They buy TC
- They shift on the market regularly
- Or they're a hardcore duellist.

Noting that I think that we should consider a reasonable prize point as lifting it too high. E.g. 200k, may mean that were benefitting less than what we are costing to host the event, We're a clan which is trying to build our reputation and therefore we should prioritize the experience that the participants will enjoy, instead of throwing TC at them, as this could create a notion that a toxic playstyle needs to be adopted in order to win, therefore ruining the whole servers overall experience. Which would either discourage them from returning to our tourneys, or if poor management is shown, a weaker reputation of us would be formed. I think before setting a prize we need to look at what it cost us to run the event and the outcomes we wish to gain.A way to show an example of toxicity in playstyle is to look at the Tourneys which Ruins/Max run everyday which features high levels of TC but is the heaven of all liftshows.

My personal belief is that we should give the participants a reason to play using TC of course, however inflating the prize too much would make the event prone to toxic and play as some describe as "cheap". I believe if we were to run events, we should focus on being able to communicate with outsiders, so that they can understand what we're about, and this wouldn't only cause clan popularity but it will also lead to potential applicants for the clan. I believe that the real success of these types of events should be judged by the amount of interaction we have with the participants and the experience we provide as a result.
Last edited by Charm; Oct 30, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
just do AikidoBiggerDojo tourny's instead of normal ABD so lifting isn't as toxic, ez solution.
Living life, loving life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Discord: Sunther#1111
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
The only issue I have with the idea of high stakes prizes is that, if we look at the bigger picture, there is a much higher demographic of people who have less than 100,000 TC, compared to those who have over that amount which is due to one of three reasons:

- They buy TC
- They shift on the market regularly
- Or they're a hardcore duellist.

Noting that I think that we should consider a reasonable prize point as lifting it too high. E.g. 200k, may mean that were benefitting less than what we are costing to host the event, We're a clan which is trying to build our reputation and therefore we should prioritize the experience that the participants will enjoy, instead of throwing TC at them, as this could create a notion that a toxic playstyle needs to be adopted in order to win, therefore ruining the whole servers overall experience. Which would either discourage them from returning to our tourneys, or if poor management is shown, a weaker reputation of us would be formed. I think before setting a prize we need to look at what it cost us to run the event and the outcomes we wish to gain.A way to show an example of toxicity in playstyle is to look at the Tourneys which Ruins/Max run everyday which features high levels of TC but is the heaven of all liftshows.

My personal belief is that we should give the participants a reason to play using TC of course, however inflating the prize too much would make the event prone to toxic and play as some describe as "cheap". I believe if we were to run events, we should focus on being able to communicate with outsiders, so that they can understand what we're about, and this wouldn't only cause clan popularity but it will also lead to potential applicants for the clan. I believe that the real success of these types of events should be judged by the amount of interaction we have with the participants and the experience we provide as a result.

Quick witted.I wanted to use higher prizes but I didn't really considered the pros and cons because I believed that big prizes always reap big benefits in events.
NO TITLE
Haha, im only looking at it from a statistical and cost efficient perspective and also as I have adopted this method when I used to lead [Electric] for the short whilr that I was there, and it had proven a strong method of gaining more reputation and awareness. If you want to talk further about running events we should talk about this on our discord as it is better for planning purposes than a clan thread.

^ I guess my perspective is heavily based on my understanding of Accounting, haha. Maths and statistics.
Last edited by Charm; Oct 30, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
I actually will pm you on discord since I want you to ask something.Also guys do anyone saw this Teamtrees thing where we plant 20 million trees around the globe?
NO TITLE
As I am currently on my mobile phone I'll be on my laptop which has access to discord in around 1-2 hours. But I will reply as quick as possible.

I've seen that too, but we need to remember the amount of trees which are being cut down within the Amazon and other forest terrains. I think this is just an attempt to reverse the damage we have incurred, honestly.
huh to be honest we need to stop ikea before planting these trees +Where can they get trees for $1? I really want to know that
NO TITLE
Sora, I don't want to bore you with the theory behind it unless you permit me to do so.

Take into account business Charm is theoretical