ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Promo-Team]Art Express - September Edition

PT - If you don't already know stands for Promo-team a group of admins and moderators who operate behind the scenes and on stage, to keep the community more enjoyable for everyone.
M - Stands for the "M" Factor aka Mrama ( not trying to be egotistical )

What is this? This thread that your viewing now serves the community the newest artist information in all of Toribash, giving behind the scenes information, like inside price info, and how to get on the client list of those rare and hard to order from artist.

Art Express's Monthly Report

Texturer of the Month

Rott

Seriously who the hell else? Rott has been an underground artists for a while time for him to get some spotlight, he totally deserves this award, if you dont feel so please feel free to PM me with your complaint, congrats to Rott.

Shop of the Month

Skura's Avatar/Signature Shop

Perfectly executed art and taking avatar/sig making out of the box skura totally deserves this months award for shop of the month, with thread interface art that makes him different from all the rest, you can check him out by clicking his image.
Coolest Idea of the Month

Qc3 with the layout of his shop

Qc3 wins the idea of the month award, he was actually supposed to be texturer of the month but I thought this would be better suited, with his layout of his shop which is strictly organized and flows smoothly you can check him out by clicking the picture above.

This Months Tip Section : Pen tooling

Pen tooling is a quite complex yet simple form of texturing what makes this form complex is the fact that there are curve weights that can effect the angle that you want to take. The first impression of a texturer starting the pen tool is one of "Holy shit, why doesn't it go where I want it to go!". Well you can easily fix this reaction by using a simple command, hold alt and click the weight square of your current path point, this will then delete the second curve weight and let you start a new direction, what I have just said can be better illustrated through this tutorial.
Also you can make more intricate shapes by pulling your path whatever direction you want it, adding more discrete curves and angles, As shown below, so here is a basic tutorial on the pen tool.

Video of the Month

This months VIDEOS of the month are brought to you by the OLDA video competition entries including Warcry,skulfuk,Deady, and Rutz

Warcry

Rutzor

Deady

Skulfuk

And that concludes this months edition of Art Express hope you guys enjoyed it,
If you have any information of an artist that deserves the spotlight please PM Mrama , with a link and description of the artist.
Gone Fishing
I was hoping to get somewhere on this months express =/

Well gratz Rott and all the others.
who surprised me even more was Qc3
he is really really good at texturing and it seems like he came out of nowhere
Oo
that's pretty damn impressive for someone so new to enter the community at such a high point