ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash font in linux. (Hoping for solution this time!)
Hi. I've recently switched to ubuntu linux as my main os, and installed the nvidia-glx drivers. I can get toribash running at about 50-55 frames per second, and it's entirely playable, except the font is severly screwed up. It's just a bunch of rectangles, and the occasional entire row of a random letter. eg.

sssssssssssssss.
[][][][][][][][][]

I read around in other topics, and no one really replied with answers, just agreements. Is there any way to fix this?
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
Re: Toribash font in linux. (Hoping for solution this time!)
i suggest talking to hampa about it
whenever i have problems with toribash he always solves them
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[]
Take pictures. Use F8 then look in your toribash folder (if that works in linux), or press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and paste it into photoshop or something and save it (also, linux is most likely different).

Hmm... If anyone knows what the toribash font is, then this problem should quite easily be solved... Alas, I do not...
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Oh, the toribash font is, Ummm... I forget. Capt. knows he used it on something. Or you can ask hampa.
Hi
Is it something like this?

http://toribash.com/veb/Screenshot2.png

If so, it's probably your window manager. I tried installing Beryl a few weeks ago, and my desktop was just awesome, however, Toribash seemed screwed up. If you are using a different window manager, I suggest you try using Gnomes default?

Sorry if that doesn't help, that's the only way I could get it working again for me.

and,

Originally Posted by skinnydude908
Oh, the toribash font is, Ummm... I forget. Capt. knows he used it on something. Or you can ask hampa.

It actually doesn't matter if you have the font on your computer, because each character of the font is on a .tga file in the toribash dir.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like. I am using gnomes default window manager. (My cpu isn't fast enough for beryl or compiz.) P.S. The toribash font is badaboom bb.
http://www.dafont.com/badaboom-bb.font
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
i heard hampa said that each letter is a gif...
Je fixe les gens même lorsqu'ils s'en appercoivent...

Blame the fact that english is not my default language of communication...
I don't think so, because even in the working windows version, there wasn't a font or fontmap in the directory.
Veb has given some advice...

Originally Posted by IRC
(20:23:57) <veb_> tell him to update x-server and maybe gfx drivers
(20:24:05) <veb_> and fonts are a fontmap

So basically, do that.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!