Toribash
Original Post
[REL]Kieshu- This mod is the future
[UPDATED]
Mod: KieshuFixed_v3 https://cache.toribash.com/cp/data/mo...hufixed_v3.tbm

So basically You can win by 3 ways you can pummel your opponent to submission, you can win by ring out or you can win by causing your opponent's hand to touch the dojo. Your hand cannot touch the mat you will be disqualified. This is not a sparring mod. Here you play for glory.
This Mod is a mixture of Wrestling, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing

Please comment down below I would like to hear your feedback

Mod: KieshuProDojo.tbm
https://cache.toribash.com/cp/data/mod/kieshuprodojo.tbm

This dojo was created from the in-game feedback given on kieshufixed.tbm it has slightly decreased engage distance, The hand does indeed still DQ if touches dojo. Pad were placed inside the dojo for easier recovery and gets you back into the action. Pad also adds stability for a more beginner friendly environment.
Attached Files
Kieshu- Good Match.rpl (290.9 KB, 21 views)
Kieshu-Quick and Deadly.rpl (74.9 KB, 15 views)
Kieshu-Desperate times.rpl (221.8 KB, 8 views)
Kieshu-Leg Rollercoaster.rpl (175.3 KB, 8 views)
Kieshu-Strong takedown.rpl (102.6 KB, 9 views)
kieshufixed_v3.tbm (6.9 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Alternative; Feb 6, 2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Added nee mod version
you forgot to link the mod in your post. i've done it for you this time; try not to forget in the future.

also interesting mod i'll do a thing after work and post maybe
Originally Posted by Pouffy View Post
you forgot to link the mod in your post. i've done it for you this time; try not to forget in the future.

also interesting mod i'll do a thing after work and post maybe

Thanks alot i’ll try not to forget next time
Originally Posted by Hezk View Post
the dojo seems a little big, i havent played it yet though

I posted replays you can look at
I've yet to play it, but it seems like it could be fun. I like the way you have to have a playstyle in between competitive and sparring to succeed, similarly to runkido (even though runkido allowed hands to touch the ground).

I'm no mod expert, but I like it. Best of luck on the continued development of it.
it seems to me like one of those mods where the best course of action is to do nothing and wait for your opponent to accidentally dq themselves. making hands dq is a really ballsy move that i haven't seen pay off yet very well honestly. not that there aren't fantastic applications for that sort of thing, i just haven't seen it done super well yet. even odlov's grappling mod where he did that wasn't that fun to me, imo.

i'd try focusing on what kind of gameplay you want to see - what do you want to add to grappling to improve it or introduce something novel? how do you think you can create a convincing fusion of grappling and striking? what do you have to change, tweak, or tune to make that happen? always keep the goal of "what kind of gameplay meta do i want to see in the end product" in the back of your mind while you're working on a mod. it'll keep you focused and always return a better product when you have a clear idea of what you're shooting for.

just my two cents
Originally Posted by Pouffy View Post
it seems to me like one of those mods where the best course of action is to do nothing and wait for your opponent to accidentally dq themselves. making hands dq is a really ballsy move that i haven't seen pay off yet very well honestly. not that there aren't fantastic applications for that sort of thing, i just haven't seen it done super well yet. even odlov's grappling mod where he did that wasn't that fun to me, imo.

i'd try focusing on what kind of gameplay you want to see - what do you want to add to grappling to improve it or introduce something novel? how do you think you can create a convincing fusion of grappling and striking? what do you have to change, tweak, or tune to make that happen? always keep the goal of "what kind of gameplay meta do i want to see in the end product" in the back of your mind while you're working on a mod. it'll keep you focused and always return a better product when you have a clear idea of what you're shooting for.

just my two cents

Imo it is not a very noob friendly mod. because the mod does require the player to have some sense of balance. thats what makes it challenging. and also very fun.
-----
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I've yet to play it, but it seems like it could be fun. I like the way you have to have a playstyle in between competitive and sparring to succeed, similarly to runkido (even though runkido allowed hands to touch the ground).

I'm no mod expert, but I like it. Best of luck on the continued development of it.

Thanks you. I had alot of fun while testing it.
Last edited by Alternative; Feb 3, 2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
imo is basically greykido with a bigger dojo and hand dq, i haven't tested it yet but it looks like a "Greykido big dojo"
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
imo is basically greykido with a bigger dojo and hand DQ, I haven't tested it yet but it looks like a "Greykido big dojo"

For one you cant grab and also the frames are 10 and if you try to do greykido opener it will lead to certain death learned from experience. But if you were going by looks alone I suppose they do look quite similar.
Last edited by Alternative; Feb 3, 2018 at 08:49 PM.