ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
A few tips on how to improve your fighting skills
These are a few facts and tips that can help you improve your skills:

Facts:
Beginners often use symmetrical attacks while the more experienced Toribashians use asymmetric attacks. Beginners also use the power being released by the stretch of a limb, like the knee, while the better fighters use the rotation of for example the chest, which can do more damage. Beginners mostly use hold, but using hold and relax is a choice of fighting style.

Tips:
-If you want to get better in Aikido or other grapping and pushing types of matches, concentrate on using the chest and the lumbar to help you getting an advance over your opponent.

-When you want to hit your opponent use the power being released by the speed of your rotation, or in simple words: "Build up speed then release it with a spinning hit"

-Symmetrical attacks aren't as powerful as Asymmetric ones, because the power you release most time has to be splitten in two because of the fact that beginners use both arms and both legs to attack. You can give one hit that's double the power and focus on one specific point.

-Don't always use hold when you're fighting, if you use relax every joint and limb can give extra speed and/or power. if you use hold, you're just losing speed and/or power.

Also, there are enough good skilled fighters ready to help you improving your skills. You don't have to search the forum looking for high-damaging moves, they can tell you how to make your own!

NOTE:
This are only tips for people who don't think their kind of fighting is effective.
But if you are happy with the results, stick to your own style, you don't need to learn another one.

I hope you learned something from this!

Happy Bashing,

~BloodTori
Last edited by BloodTori; Dec 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM.
Toribash Breakdancing Tutorials
The Real Gentlemen | Dead and Forgotten | To The Top
Originally Posted by BloodTori View Post
Beginners also always use hold

I think you should re-consider this point.
I in my point of view think it doesn`t matter.
Most of the time, if your a REAL player, you`ll probably end up using almost every joint in 2 moves. If your on of those people who just shovel\clap, your out of luck, try something else.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by coloo View Post
I agree with deffo, most of the time they use relax and fail.

it doesnt matter when i was a begineer i always used hold all but then i used relax all
OLDA pobpnuk: i like other girls zaktt: SHIT
ABORT ABORT QUICKKK
Good tips, I believe the best skills come from experience though. But a good push on the way definitely.
Kinda hard to get experienced.

I'm a blackbelt but still can't play half the servers here for half a shit.
Beginners always use Hold
(I used to do it)
But when they learn that how cool is relaxing,
They only use relaxing only.
I think we should use both together