Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Google Chrome OS and Google in general.
Im guessing this isnt exactly "hot off the presses" type news here, but Google will be releasing an operating system in the near future. Chrome OS will be a light, fast system built to appeal to people spend much of their time on the web. From the videos I have seen it is designed to look like the Chrome browser, and they are pushing the idea that it will be fast as hell.

Here is the OS homepage, Here is it's wiki entry, and here is a quick demo of how the system works.

As well as disscussing this, I was hopinh to get conversation started about just how big Google is, and whether or not their size is a good thing. The company has their hand in just about every dish related to the internet and computers. According to this page, which I just found and know little about the company is worth 153.4 billion dollars. Not to mention the fact that much of the data they handle is personal info pertaining to individuals. The companies moto is "Don't be evil" and as of yet it would seem as though it is run by programmers and nerds by and large, but should any company get this big? Or is it just bad news waiting to happen?
Organisation of Awesome: Member.