luck
4 Votes / 16.00%
skill
21 Votes / 84.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
spiritwrestling.tbm - luck or skill?
i've been hearing a lot from people that spiritwrestling is either a total skill mod or based off luck and glitches

i understand some people dont like sumo 0 because of ankles, but i think it adds a nice element to the game

what are your opinions on spiritwrestling
shmevin eats smegma
It's a really interesting concept for a mod, I think.
The self damage only allows people to go for throws primarily, as oppose to going for damage, which is great
It can end up with some really nice counters and suplexes and stuff.
My main problem with it though is the gravity, probably just me sucking on high grav mods, but it just feels impossible to do anything because you're always being dragged down

The sumo 0 thing is fine too, people just can't grasp the concept of being careful where you flap your limbs.
IIRC original tk had sumo 0, and when Dargon and I put that setting onto the blackbelt room, we got an (or at least I got) and unholy amount of complaints.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
That mod is basically stupid. To win, the recipe is to just hold youself in middle and don't selfdamage. It's kinda easy. As far, as I've seen, the guy who tries to do something just takes some selfdamage and other tripod guy wins. Well, there's been a few matches which end by DQ, but they'll very most of the time will be vs people who don't know what they're doing. As seen in gmtourney in the same mod.

I'd say it's neither skill or luck based, but it's holding all standing tripod based, which means executing a simple gameplan.
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Jul 4, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
There's a skill to doing a "Clean Throw", because once someone's fallen victim to that, even if theyre still in the dojo, typically they take a fair amount of self damage avoiding DQ.

I think there's a lot of luck elements. I played a long game with Eleeleth recently where I was doing very well, and last turn my neck fractured for a reason neither of us knew.

So, it's a skill mod once you're skilled enough.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
spiritwrestling is all skill. it's kinda boring, but it's all skill

also the sumo 0 in spiritwrestling.tbm is a mistake the mod is supposed to have sumo 1 but the guy who uploaded the mod sucked
QUACK
Originally Posted by siku View Post
spiritwrestling is all skill. it's kinda boring, but it's all skill

also the sumo 0 in spiritwrestling.tbm is a mistake the mod is supposed to have sumo 1 but the guy who uploaded the mod sucked

The fact that it requires skill and experience is what makes it fun, and that's probably why I find abd boring.
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
The fact that it requires skill and experience is what makes it fun, and that's probably why I find abd boring.

Im so glad to see that opinion is becoming more popular, like, it genuinely warms my heart :)
On topic though, ive never tried spirit wrestling but il definitely give it go soon, sounds interesting.
spiritwrestling.tbm is one of those mods in toribash which really requires a lot of skills to master or play. It really isn't a luck mod. :/
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!
thanks for everyone's input, the reason i brought this up was because i heard from two different members completely opposite opinions

and since i'm an avid player of spiritwrestling i wanted to see if it was even an acceptable mod
shmevin eats smegma