Ranking
Original Post
What's up with these bans
So recently I've seen some very odd bans regarding usernames. I have no issue if someone gets banned for having "nig**rkiller" as their username, but some of those I really begin to question.

Here's a list of questionable "inappropriate username" bans that caught my attention:
  • 9ine11ven
  • MyNikGah
  • N1gSLAYER
  • NiggyJiggy
  • DrNignog?(reason wasn't stated)
  • NigCumLick

If having "nig" in a username is such a sin then surely it could simply be banned phrase when creating an account. Of course I don't claim to know the context of these bans and there might be more to it, but to me it just seems like it's being stretched a bit too far.
Are you really trying to advocate for someone named NigCumLick on a game designed to appeal to 12 year olds?
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
9ine11ven: refers to twin towers, idk why you put it here
MyNikGah: basically the same as "my nigga" that is banned even ingame
N1gSLAYER: racist intent is quite obvious
NiggyJiggy: i guess it refers to "nigga" and staff doesn't want that
DrNignog: no idea what this is
NigCumLick: this is self explanatory

Before someone from staff wants to infrac me for writing those "blaspheme" words, understand the context. Thanks.

please, god, protect this man from harm

listen to pouffy guys.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Oct 19, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Are you really trying to advocate for someone named NigCumLick on a game designed to appeal to 12 year olds?

If you're gonna base your counter argument on a single nitpicked username I don't see your point. How about you address all of them
-----
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
9ine11ven: refers to twin towers, idk why you put it here
MyNikGah: basically the same as "my nigga" that is banned even ingame
N1gSLAYER: racist intent is quite obvious
NiggyJiggy: i guess it refers to "nigga" and staff doesn't want that
DrNignog: no idea what this is
NigCumLick: this is self explanatory

Before someone from staff wants to infrac me for writing those "blaspheme" words, understand the context. Thanks.

That's just stretching it as well imo. If you're gonna use the "poor 12 year olds" argument as the post above then kids would probably not understand the implied intent behind these usernames, and if you're an adult that gets offended by a slightly offensive username that's a personal complex
Last edited by Smaguris; Oct 19, 2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
That's just stretching it as well. If you're gonna use the "poor 12 year olds" argument then kids would probably not understand the implied intent behind these usernames, and if you're an adult that gets offended by a slightly offensive username that's a personal complex

I wasn't thinking about 12 year olds, but those are the reasons why these usernames are banned. Toribash is just being coherent here and it's forcing people to follow the rules. The meaning of many of these banned usernames could be up to interpretation ("NiggyJiggy is my cat, I wanted that username because of it") and subjectivity isn't good if you want to people to follow a rule.
Well, I think most of these usernames fall into a yellow zone. It's up to staff to draw the line, but in my personal opinion something like 9ine11ven or MyNikGah shouldn't be banable usernames if they don't act offensive in game and in forum.

I understand the concerns from your side but I think it's being implied way too much and staff is wasting resources on something very petty.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
If you're gonna base your counter argument on a single nitpicked username I don't see your point. How about you address all of them

• 9ine11ven - someone trying to make fun of 9/11 to be funny
  • MyNikGah - someone alluding to nigger
  • N1gSLAYER - someone talking about slaying nigs
  • NiggyJiggy - this one and the one below are the only ones debatable at all, but its very easy to just not pic a name with any hint of nig, nigga, niggaslay or nigcumlick
  • DrNignog?(reason wasn't stated) - probably because it has nig in it
  • NigCumLick - i still cannot believe u put this on your list

It's not a question of whether or not you personally get offended by any of it, it's just that they're inappropriate and made by trolls trying to get a rouse out of it. Just come up with a username that isn't questionable like smaguris or cocacobra. Waste of resources maybe but I don't think people can even say nig in public servers anymore so I don't think having it in a username is anyway around that, it's probably just for consistency.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
i banned 9ine11ven actually, and i dont regret it one bit even if i giggled for a second at the reference

if its somewhat a grey area, or could ever be questioned by anyone, i usually check if they're alts first and that one was, so /shrug -- it was just someone making alt accounts to be le funny, and they crossed a line

idk what you're about with the rest, tho. the rest just suck
-----
sorry, i meant to close this. if you have concerns about banning names like this, feel free to make an S&I thread, and any needed discussion can take place there.

if you wish to complain about staff misconduct, please make a staff complaint.

tbanks
Last edited by pouffy; Oct 19, 2018 at 11:17 PM.