ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Lua] Telestrator

preview

(requested by lesduncan)

A simple script that emulates sports-like telestrators.
It lets you draw stuff on the screen.
Aimed at streamers and video makers.

Controls:
Mouse wheel up/down to enter/exit telestrating mode, respectively.
Spacebar to clear the screen (exiting telestrating mode clears the screen too).
Alt to change colors (you can either click anywhere in the bar or drag the slider around (middle click on the mouse wheel to swap between the 2 selected colors)).
Ctrl to change between drawing and joint selecting mode (drag the mouse to resize (joint selecting mode had to be just a different brush because of a few technical problems)).
Z to undo the previous action.
(keys and mouse are locked when telestrating (except the right mouse button, because lua can't lock it for some reason)).

Changelog:
23-8-2013: Initial release.
25-8-2013: Added an rgb colorpicker.
26-8-2013: Added a joint selector (brush).
27-8-2013: Added two selectable colors, changeable size in joint mode, undo button.

source

Attached Files
telestrator.lua (8.6 KB, 31 views)
Last edited by Yoyo; Aug 27, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Here's my version

source

we tried it out on the stream today, worked great! Just needs some colors I guess.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Added a color picker, first post updated.

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

If I had to make a suggestion, the colour picker should be a bit less intrusive. Maybe some arrows that inc/decrement RGB values with a small color preview would work. Perhaps even commands.

Transparency, too. It would be cool to take advantage of the arguments of draw_disk.

Save/load feature? Changing brush size?

A small paint program, inside of Toribash? Groundbreaking, to say the least!
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214239

Had something like that a while ago.
I'm going to keep this one simple.
I tried transparency, but I couldn't get it working properly. Some of the interconnecting lines cross, and it would look weird.

got a neat idea.

if you can make spectator to highlight joints by mouse click it will be x100 times better than drawing circles around each bodypart you assume will be used.
Added a joint selector.
Currently it's just a different type of brush (check preview), I had a bunch of plans for it but ran into a few technical issues while coding it (mainly get_world_state().selected_player/joint not working in multiplayer).
I also added a help menu when you load the script.

This I know almost definitely can't be done with lua, but I'm wondering how we can integrate into the game in such a way where you could reveal whoseever drawings they're doing in server. The premise being, if you're not streaming, you could still have people see what you're saying or just having a laugh saying "lol he is screwed", with the option to not reveal certain users. Users would be color specific so they can be responsible in case they abuse the power.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!