Toribash
Maybe they decided it was time to start competing. The game industry has been growing. As for cameras and touch pads-I don't know...Maybe they could add Wii accounts and smart face recognition log-on. It would also be a sweet feature to enable Gc compatibility.

Well, it will be something to watch, wait and see.
The camera and touch pad may just be part of Nintendo's apparent policy of "if our console isn't going to be that great, we'll win the masses over with nifty gadgets".
Good examples include the DS series and the Wii before motion controllers became "normal".
Although they'd clinch it if they made a top-of-the-line console with more powerful hardware than the current generation AND nifty gadgets.
Although the DS didn't really make that much use out of the touch pad...
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 26, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
The camera and touch pad may just be part of Nintendo's apparent policy of "if our console isn't going to be that great, we'll win the masses over with nifty gadgets".
Good examples include the DS series and the Wii before motion controllers became "normal".
Although they'd clinch it if they made a top-of-the-line console with more powerful hardware than the current generation AND nifty gadgets.
Although the DS didn't really make that much use out of the touch pad...

Specs aren't everything, and since the Wii outsold the others buy a huge margin it's hard to argue.

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Maybe they decided it was time to start competing. The game industry has been growing. As for cameras and touch pads-I don't know...Maybe they could add Wii accounts and smart face recognition log-on. It would also be a sweet feature to enable Gc compatibility.

Well, it will be something to watch, wait and see.

The cameras aren't for faces etc, they're to detect movement without needing a sensor bar.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Specs aren't everything, and since the Wii outsold the others buy a huge margin it's hard to argue.

Most people who own wiis are not at all gamers. It made a killing by appealing to the masses, and those who are not familiar with anything else gaming.
I once heard an interview on a person who owned a wii. She said something along these lines: "When I went to the store to get more games for my Wii, everything I saw just looked like games."
They're simply taking the next step to keep themselves from being dated, by adopting the functions most familiar with the public, being touchpads and HD
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=7659

> Called the “Nintendo Feel”
> While the Wii was about the controller, this will be about controller, the graphics, and the new software
> The screen on the controller isn’t just hard like the iPad, it brings a new “Feel” dimension
> Moving your finger across the screen allows you to feel the difference between soft, smooth, and rugged textures
> Could be used for feeling fur on Nintendogs, drawing patterns in desert sand, feeling the breeze on a lake, getting burned from lava, or figuring out the structure of a very old tree
> Vitality sensor could be a key feature

Sounds nice.