Ranking
Original Post
One Million Ways To Die In The West
i do not recommend seeing this movie it is a bad movie
the only good character is the guy from boiler room.

want to hear the opinions of people that saw it and liked/disliked it
use spoiler tags and things for spoilers ok
Last edited by Organs; Jun 1, 2014 at 02:40 AM.
Dunno what you expected to see when you went to a live action Seth film.
Also a comedy, acting doesn't have to be bang on this film, it isn't trying to be anything else but a comedy and should be treated as such.

It's there to make you laugh not dissect the thing. Humor isnt universal some people laugh at the stupidest things and to take away that moment is pretty dark unless that's your humor and this is a troll thread tellingus not to see a comedy because it lacks great acting and story.
Last edited by T0ribush; May 31, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
So what you're saying is comedy movies can't be bad?
I really don't think it's funny and I don't even think they tried with the jokes.

"ha, hes high"
"ha, hes bad at shooting"
"ha, he pooped in a hat"
"ha, he has a moustache fetish"

I can see what you mean, that comedy can never please all audiences. But just because someone else likes something doesn't mean it's good.
I wonder if its a genuinely bad movie, or if you just don't like the style of comedy. Do you like other things made by the producer like Family Guy, American Dad, the Cleveland Show, or even the movie Ted?

I have mixed feelings about the shows and Ted was just like a really long episode of Family Guy humor.

I have been thinking about seeing this new movie because i enjoy Sarah Silvermans humor.
aint nothing to it but to do it
In a sense comedy movies can't be bad, on a literary and cinematic level, yes. But the jokes are purely taste. It's like those really really bad run on jokes where the punchline barely makes sense an that was the joke, some people LOVE that. I'm not saying their isn't a science to comedy like their is a science in making drama, scifi(ha), horror, etc.

Drama is supposed to pull the strings of emotion some are just bad because of the acting and generic storylines and we can dissect why they are bad on so many levels if we put bias aside, people say Notebook sucks, it's not my taste, but there is emotion put into the film, I still see it as a good movie.

Scifi movies like Star Wars and Space Odyssey is beyond what was during that time. Both movies might not be their cup of tea, but they can't put down their Cinematic excellence, both movies with the crazy out of this world space scenes, oh an Space Odyssey is deep so it could stand on equal ground with movies with a lot of dialogue as this has the opposite, barely any dialogue, but like in music the absence of sound is just as important as the sound.

Horror movies seem to have lost some direction, I'm sure it's hard to make a movie for a bunch of desensitized teens who see gore and whatnot on tv and games al the time, but there are movies that I'm sure are jus creepy as fuck.

Comedy... Purely taste. Can be bad on a cinematic level and literary, but if the jokes make people laugh. Then it could be called great
Last edited by T0ribush; Jun 1, 2014 at 06:43 AM.
okay, i haven't seen the movie yet, only the commercials so my opinion is totally irrelevant, but from what iv'e seen... Seth can't act. he's a piss funny bloke, but he can't act, going to stop me from watching it? maybe, who knows might buy it when it comes out on DVD but its not going to get me to run to the movies and buy a ticket n watch it, iv'e seen plenty of stupid comedies, but there is a fine line, Can Seth make a funny live action film? not really, stick to animation, Leave the stupid comedy movies like for example "Walk Hard: The dewey Cox story", anyone who has seen that movie and have a great knowledge of music history will laugh at every scene, if not you'll only laugh at the brain-dead humor, basically, the stuff we laugh at while stoned as hell watching TV.

Anyway my main point is, Seths an idiot, you can't watch family guy, etc and think that this new movie of his is going to be the funniest ever, i mean family guy was and still is trying to keep up with the Simpsons in popularity, even American dad is passing Family guy in popularity, even though comedy movies don't need good acting, no movie really needs good acting as long as the characters are solid and the storys legit, i saw someone mentioned sarah silverman which has pushed me further away from the movie seeing how her role in "school of rock" Was utterly horrid, Also irrelevant i know, but actors/actresses do that to us, they create an image we judge them off, n don't disagree with that because its 100% True, my mother? she hates Will Ferrel, Why? she thinks he's an idiot cause of his role in movies? but me ? i think he's fucking hilarious, what im saying is, Seth... I feel like I'm going to judge him hard, not his comedic reach because i love his animations but as an actor... I feel like i'm going to judge him very hard, as will a load of people, i mean to me it seems like Seth is just trying to be bigger than Stone And Parker... Won't happen.
Toribush, if you want some horror movies that are mostly just creepy, try the women in black or insidious , a little bit more Gore then the other two, but still on the creepy side: insidious 2
Watched em already

Extremely dumb horror movie but somewhat cool is VHS2. With the over arcing plot as you watch her watch the movies.
I watched part of VHS and I was confused on the plot line, is it really just gory and disturbing video clips? I'll try the second I guess. Is it actually a good scare though? And try grave encounters 1 and 2. They have more plot then the typical stuck in in an abandoned mental hospital. I recommend those two.