Ranking
All things said i comes down to a council vote. If a member doesnt see enough evidence from the app they wont get in. Replays will help in this. Personally im also willing to let people in who can demonstate that they are trainable and have enough understanding that they are no longer fighting the game. Oh and they arent too much of a scrub.
Oh look I added an optional part 3 to the application requirements bc I'm such a nice guy.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
As for the app, Roux will agree (hopefully) that me and him designed the new application together to be a direct but demanding form that gives us exactly what we need to know, leaving no room for irrelevancy.

Well, you thought up the whole thing and I agreed with you.
With one, maybe two exceptions, the applicants who have put the effort into these formed apps have all turned out to be exceptional players and members.
-----
Look at this

MrDohnutz Application

You know in the first minute of reading this application that you want to accept this guy. Everything is organized and direct. The replays are key and we can't review apps with out them.
Every single applicant who is accepted should jump out like this guy. It makes the process so much easier and efficient. Of course there's always room for tweaking.

I checked, and we have only accepted 2 people under this application format. These guys are MrDohnutz and Chab. Chab made some posts after he was accepted, but I haven't seen him here in a week or two. As for MrDohnutz, he has never made any posts other than his application. There may be no real solution to fix this problem, we just have to play the odds I guess. I sent MrDohnutz a pm, hopefully he will come around.
Last edited by Rouxster; Sep 9, 2016 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Grammar.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
2. It extracts only essential information from the applicant.
I guarantee if you return to free form apps your going to get paragraphs of nonsense that nobody wants to read. Even if you request that they be aikido specific.

Am i the only one who cares about who he's playing with ? Like i know most of my clanmates personal lifes and ik all of their ages and where they are from, i even help them with their homework. We're friends and i prefer playing with friends than with random strangers who can post a few replays... I want to know you guys. I like reading that useless stuff. I WANT to read it :<
That's just how I talk/write, I'm not attacking anybody. Roux would whip it right back if he was actually offended. Yes we all get along here but not by giving hugs. Don't be so soft ponzo.

As for the app, Roux will agree (hopefully) that me and him designed the new application together to be a direct but demanding form that gives us exactly what we need to know, leaving no room for irrelevancy.

This has only been in place for maybe 2 months and what I see is improvement in the system:
1. it has discouraged many of the weaker players from applying who wouldn't be accepted anyway. (Weaker players that you TEACH to be stronger come on man. This is not an Elitist Org we are here to bring Aikido Enthusiasts and those who enjoy it together.

2. It extracts only essential information from the applicant.
I guarantee if you return to free form apps your going to get paragraphs of nonsense that nobody wants to read. Even if you request that they be aikido specific.

Who are you to judge what is needed and what isn't we're not giving hugs, but we aren't going to say hey don't tell us about yourself. You want to know the person you are accepting.
3. With one, maybe two exceptions, the applicants who have put the effort into these formed apps have all turned out to be exceptional players and members.
-----
Look at this

MrDohnutz Application

You know in the first minute of reading this application that you want to accept this guy. Everything is organized and direct. The replays are key and we can't review apps with out them.

Every single applicant who is accepted should jump out like this guy. It makes the process so much easier and efficient. Of course there's always room for tweaking.
-----
Finally, I just edited the app thread that should take care of one problem where people have been forgetting to post there replays.

Without putting to much out there. How many actually voted on that.
As an side note why did everyone join in the first place? I joined to find new ways to be fat and outside here my aikido stuff isnt relevant and i needed a space to put my info out there to find where its lacking.
when i was just getting started with aikido i saw that old bushido video and thought 'hey man i want to know how to do this shit' and started to learn aikido
turns out that if you want to perfect throws you need a lot of practice, and practice often
both of which i did early on but now i dont play tb anymore lol
i joined so i can put ta in my sig
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
and yet its still not there
and that is one more reason i joined ta
so i could act cool around some kids and say 'bro im in ta fear me'