Toribash
Original Post
Clan Recruitment Center
I have recently noticed that the recruitment center thread for applications to made for clans has been very inactive lately. I wonder is the game really this dead that people don't even make apps anymore to get into a clan. I know that many clans do thing differently but I have always put my time and effort into making good apps to join clans. Seeing that this way of recruiting has just suddenly started dying sucks.

I am up to hearing any ideas that all of you have because I have enjoyed that thread for the longest time. Reading apps when I have nothing else to do is a great way to pass my time when I have nothing else to do(Includes apps for all clans). I know that the game is "dying/not dying" but it doesn't seem like any new members are sticking around long enough to get to know the great community that has been built. I will take the time to read any suggestions and of you can provide, and if they are good enough I will try my best to have them implemented.

(If this is in the wrong thread you can move it... I didn't know where else to post this).

This was worded really weirdly, but tl;dr: "I think we should revamp the clan recruitment system, but I'm not sure how"
~Kore
Last edited by Kore; Apr 13, 2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarification?
Other than providing a universal guide on what makes a "good app", I don't see how you would improve it. Even then, the definition of a good application is subjective.
#sick
[a]dventure | [Panda] ¿¿¿
I feel it's more of people that play nowadays don't want to take the time to "apply" to a clan they are not certain to get in. So they'd rather just be tested in-game and see if they get a yes or no, rather than wait ~a day-week. So really it depends on the person, if the person is the type (such as yourself, Fame) that prefers the application system, they put up an application and wait the time to see their designated fate within that clan, however if they are the type that prefers a quick-and-easy system such as a system defined by testing the player in game and that test results in their answer of yes/no, then they'd rather do that.

Another thing is as Hikou said a 'good application' is purely subjective. Not only on the applicant but the clan itself. For example my clan currently, we have no designated "format" or "information" required other than the applicants GMT, while as some other clans have a certain format or required information, a app that looks good to us (Solus), could look horrible to another clan.

Last point is that the only way to truly re-vamp the recruitment system is to well, force people to apply instead of doing tests, however that won't exactly work because each person has their own prefrences, some clans do both ways, some do one way only, same for applicants.

TLDR: Revamping the recruitment system is a very gray area bc of the subjectiveness.
Honestly revamping the clan recruitment system might not be very useful as clans go about there ways of recruitment themselves. It gives more of a choice within clans to be able to choose how they go about recruiting members.
Resten fixar jag
Resten fixar jag
Resten fixar jag

Rythm is my bby simp queen;"""3
Originally Posted by Velordrel View Post
Honestly revamping the clan recruitment system might not be very useful as clans go about there ways of recruitment themselves. It gives more of a choice within clans to be able to choose how they go about recruiting members.

But it think it would be a great idea to apply from the forums so the new guys could get used of the forums.
I agree that the recruitment center is inactive and how lazy people are to apply, but it also sucks how some players can easily get invited just by getting tested in-game; and all the effort that leaders put in for manifestation of recruitment board, worth nothing.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
Originally Posted by Manitoda View Post
But it think it would be a great idea to apply from the forums so the new guys could get used of the forums.

Exactly this.
This is a great idea, since users may find the forums to be interesting (I started to be on the forums this way).
Was DJamuru Mattkit5, if anyone even remember that
Steam Profile
Originally Posted by Chemistara View Post
Exactly this.
This is a great idea, since users may find the forums to be interesting (I started to be on the forums this way).

Same with Chemistara, we all need to start using forums from somewhere, and i think this way would be the best way.
The way I see it as the community becomes smaller and older we all become more closely knit. Everyone knows each other, so most people just get invited into clans with “0 effort,” unlike back in the day. Not many players have to really throw a line out there to a clan since everyone knows everyone. It’s more or less like how I could walk up to a clan and tell them I’m interested in joining the clan. They would just evaluate what they already know about me and invite me if they like me.

As it’s going Clan applications are in steep decline and there’s really no reason or way to stop it, I doubt the community would make a change to require people to apply to a clan as it would delete clan freedoms.

Plus I figure most clan activities are conducted on Discord over the forums now since it’s easier and a 0 effort official clan board even for unofficial clans.
Basically forums is losing activity to Discord.

Lots of stuff is taking away from the old forum clan application ways and there is nothing to really do about it I’d say. I’ll have to go with not supporting this.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Hikou View Post
Other than providing a universal guide on what makes a "good app", I don't see how you would improve it. Even then, the definition of a good application is subjective.

well any app in general, I mean I know I can't force people into making apps, but the fact that hardly any are being made now a days is depressing. I enjoy recruitment servers, but I would just like to see more people requiring apps to be made rather than just being invited from a yes or no.

And the point that submerge made is a good point, I have only been getting known for about the past year, so I know how easy it is when you know most people, but for the newbies they don't really know anything. I don't know where am I going with saying that so it's whatever.

If this thread is no longer needed it can be closed now, unless someone or anyone else has anything to say about this topic.