ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[STRIKING] The Grand Opening Tournament

▲ The Grand Opening Tournament ▲

Hello and welcome to the very first tournament hosted by STRIKING reborn.
I'm not going to beat around the bush, we're not here to exchange friendly taps and flail our limbs around ; you'll be required to strike hard and clean, move, block, dodge, and play smart... You won't be able to avoid the fight or play the time to win, you will be in a fight or die situation.

Think twice before you sign-up because this is going to be a hard and merciless event.

WHAT IS THIS ?

This tournament is using a new set of mods provided by STRIKING reborn, in order to introduce a new competition format with different win conditions adapted to striking mods.
Forget the "first to X wins" and the time constraint/advantage; you'll be required to score a given amount of points within an unlimited amount of fights in order to win your match !
You keep track of the amount of points you score every fight, and the first player to reach the required amount of points wins the match. Which means it could take one fight for a good striking player, or 20 fights for mediocre ones. In the end, it all comes down to the players' skills.

MODS & EXPLANATIONS

Those are the mods you'll be using for this events :

• Striking_LG_b4, LG stands for light gravity [-9.82] / 50 tf / 2000 mf / 0 dq timeout
  • Striking_MG_b4, MG stands for medium gravity [-20.00] / 40 tf / 1600 mf / 20 dq timeout
  • Striking_HG_b4, HG stands for heavy gravity [-30.00] / 30 tf / 1200 mf / 30 dq timeout

They all have a dojo with a suitable size for each gravity.
They all share the same frac/dm thresholds, 180 280/300.
Those mod use the "Damage to score threshold" system (set at 60), which means you need to strike hard enough in order to score the amount of points attributed to each part/joint.
Concretely if you hit the head hard enough you get 10 points, chest will give you 5, thigh will give you 1 etc...
You can hit multiple parts/joint in 1 hit, and if you hit very hard you can score x2 or x3 the amount of points given for X part.

WE STRONGLY ADVISE TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELVES WITH THE MODS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS

RULES & INSTRUCTIONS

1 - The first 3 rounds will use the 3 mods presented above, drawn in a random order. The point limit to win those 3 first rounds will be 100 points. Which means the first player to reach 100 points wins and advances to the next round.

2 - Past round 3, we'll use a veto system. Each player vetoes on one of the 3 mods and both players get to play the remaining one. The point limit after round 3 goes up to 150 points, and 200 points for the finals.

3 - DQing (inside and outside the dojo) gives 10 points to your opponent.

4 - Each round will last one week, the deadline will be posted here every new round.

5 - If players fail to have their match before the deadline, the one who can prove he's been actively contacting/seeking his opponent will pass ; or else both will be disqualified.

6 - Post your replays/screenshots here.

7 - You may only enter with one account.

PRIZES

1st place : 120K TC (32 players)*

2nd place : 30K TC (32 players)*

+20K reward for the first decap !

*1st and 2nd places also earn points and distinction for our homemade STRIKING reborn ranking, strong e-peen value.

ROUND 4

The mod selection system changes : each player vetos 1 mod, and both players play the remaning mod.
If both players agree, they can choose to change the mod inbetween fights.

First to 150 points wins the match.

You have one week !
09.23.2015 - 09.30.2018
or maybe two... depends how fast you play.

You can sit in #StrikingReborn and/or #public to find each other easily.

LADDER

LADDER

Last edited by StrkngRbrn; Sep 23, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Sent 5000 TC to StrkngRbrn
-I've read and accepted the rules
-My GMT is Eastern time zone and I'm mostly online around ... 8:00pm o'clock.
👹 Bushido Member 👹
Sent 5k to StrkngRbrn
-Ive read and agree with rules
-Im always on on the weekends, gmt -5, hmu w/ a pm and a time to play
w
-Sent 5000 TC to StrkngRbrn
-My GMT is +1 and I'm mostly online around 15:00-21:00
i think it's better stop on 32 to speed up the process

also sign me in from fl0w bank tc, i'm broke atm
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I wish I could enter looks fun. I love how nut shots are 10 points good job most realistic statistic I've seen on toribash
-My GMT is -3 and I'm mostly online : Mondays ( 19:00 - 22:00 ), Tuesdays - Thursdays ( 15:00 - 22:00), Fridays and Saturdays ( 14:00 - midnight), Sunday (14:00 - 20:00)
<[NO]Rai> SNAPAR
<[NO]Rai> BOOOOAAAAA
-My GMT is -4 and I'm mostly online around 7pm.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Seems like 32 spots is the realistic objective here. About 26 spots reserved at the moment.
Your messed up world enthrills me