Toribash
Original Post
Is Toribash still a game with a "living" community?
Regardless of whether or not the number of concurrent players has decreased since June 6th, 2012 (the date I started playing this game and have since given it up to the werewolves for sustenance), I would like to hear the opinions of some other players who have been around for a while as well.

Is Toribash's community dead?

-------

For me, the game's community has degraded into a shitfest of drama, toxicity and arguments about which obscure player/personality is the "best" at clicking their balls in an attempt to create an unrealistic-but-mildly-interesting adaptation of what they consider to be "fighting" in an environment which is bound by awkwardly simple physics parameters. Basically, for me it's now an "underwhelming" multiplayer experience.

It's a good couch-party game for people of specific tastes. But as a competitive eSport, I would like to know if anyone thinks the game will ever get another impulse of non-toxic community members (like when it was released on Steam).
Last edited by Sparta; Apr 17, 2017 at 11:44 PM.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
if you don't like toxicity don't associate yourself with toxic people, simple as that. There are tons of great community here.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
To me the game isn't underwhelming, nor does it need to change (much). I think we just need something to keep already decent players of the game here longer and a way for new players to become decent players in an easier, quicker way (don't ask me). Small bug fixes could also, maybe make the game more appealing to people. All this really should've been done before steam integration.
| REPLAYS |
It really won't appeal to new players, the game is not a HUGE pull to people, and they lose motivation due to alts in low-level servers making new players not want to play, and yes it can be toxic but you really just have to get over it and role with it, hell I'm semi-toxic.
they call me ????????????
In my opinion, if a new players gets involved within the forum community (clans, events, art, marketing, etc) as they start playing, it will increase the chances of them continuing to play. This game has such a steep learning curve that it's quite discouraging at first, so being able to indulge in the forum aspect will encourage them to become better.
The community is here, not in-game. (Imo)
Agreed with Lucid.

The community isn't a dead one, it's just a small one. Debating who is the best at the long description you provided that can easily be summed up as simply "playing the game" is something that is universal when it comes to videogames and hobbies in general.

The best thing you can do, and how many people become part of this game? Indulge in the community and explore. As surprising as it may sound, the toxic players are a minority. Find a clan that suits you, search for an org to socialize and play with, take advantage of every feature of this fighting-oriented sandbox game and experiment with replaymaking, modmaking, flameforging, marketing, art, and more.

Toribash is as deep as you dig into it. eSport is only one of many areas of gameplay, and it seems like there could be another bit of advertising on Steam soon. The best thing you can do is create and ignore the haterz.

agreed with yoda

It seems you forget every game has this, literally every game lol. Just that since Toribashs community is smaller you see it more often.
Lol - just agreeing with the people above them. Nice one guys.

Anyways, Dead? No.

Dying? Well, kind of. The community years ago, like, 2010, seems to have been more lively and active. Not from personal experience, but from what I've heard. But as of a few years ago to now. It has gone down a bit. Not by a whole lot, but by some.

This game is difficult to learn how to play off the get go, as lucid said, it discourages people from wanting to keep going. Those who stay found good in the community somewhere. Just don't be stupid and associate yourself with toxic members. Not every single member is toxic.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
its not as simple as you guys think. Living in a toxic community makes you toxic aswell if you don't ignore those people. They just say whatever comes in their mind and if you play with them and get shoveled, lift and if you call upon them, they will argue with you even if they shoveled.

Toxic people are everywhere and it takes time for them. The best thing in my opinion is just permaban them for their toxicity. They will either leave the game or will make alts for becoming notorious but still, if you see, they will be better than they are before.

Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
The best thing you can do, and how many people become part of this game? Indulge in the community and explore. As surprising as it may sound, the toxic players are a minority. Find a clan that suits you, search for an org to socialize and play with, take advantage of every feature of this fighting-oriented sandbox game and experiment with replaymaking, modmaking, flameforging, marketing, art, and more.

First of all, the forum is confusing for new players.. They won't like to indulge into any of those things unless they get some good friends which is totally not possible in this new condition of the beginner servers with toxic alt players.
There is no clan i can see these days that can motivate any new player at the game. Every member in each clan does nothing but just insults each other and whenever they come to a war, the chat is like cancer. If one loses a match, gets called a noob and when they lose a match, they make excuses and when one loses a whole war, he asks for a duel, same thing, toxicity.
Even if you make a new clan, you can never find good players and your clan will be left dead unless you recruit some members who are too shitty+toxic. Even if you find a person who is not toxic but shitty in game, you can't teach him your way of playing or the basic way of playing because they just don't understand.
I don't think any org might be alive these days but i never joined one. But still, org is useless for a new player at the game. No one pays attention to new players.

And if it comes to replaymaking and modmaking, no one pays attention to your replays or mods.. Replays are just left unseen in the replay board section. Only some give you their opinions but all the time, they just point out your mistakes while at the same time, its good if you understand but at the same time its not motivational.
Marketing, art and flame forging is something that relates to money and no one buys your things unless you're popular enough in the community or if you are selling for 50% lower price than the effort you put in making an art. Marketing is just at its edge of destruction. No one's items get sold unless they sell it for the price they are not comfortable with.
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda