Ranking
Original Post
Upgrade or Buy a Whole ASS new PC

specs

MoBo : Gigabyte H81M-H

I really am getting impatient with money. I can buy a GTX 1050 Ti right now and replace that fucking shitty radeon, but I also want to consider buying a new PC. If I buy the GPU then my option will be to upgrade my MoBo and Processor. I'll end up reusing my Case, PSU, and hard drive and whatnot.

Will I run into any problems upgrading my gpu to the 1050 as of now?

Will it be better if I save fully and just buy a pre built pc or buy components and build one?

I just really wanna play games with my frands y'know.
Honestly, a dual core CPU really sucks especially with newer titles that are utilising more than just 2 cores.
I'd invest in at least a quad-core CPU based on budget, either hyperthreading or non-hyperthreading.

Also the only thing I would worry about if you're just upgrading the GPU atm, is your power supply.

That's ofc if you want something closer to 60fps+ on most/all games
What kind of budget are you looking at for a PC?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
So far for now, I have $250, but i'm looking for either $700-800.
My PSU is a 500 watt, so I think it'll do the job. I just want something I can play most games with my friends with y'know.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo...=Combo.3556934

Something like this combo + the GPU would cover your budget and I'm assuming you already have an SSD or HDD??

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DZrB3F

So yea, and then if your case is ATX form factor compatible, etc then yea.
Something like that should work out. I'm not too sure exactly of everything you have but \o/

Depending on the case you have it may be easier to just get a new one for like $50
Same with PSU or SSD, and HDD

Buying a fully built computer is always going to be $100-300 more than doing it yourself from what I've seen.
But it does save you the time and hassle if something goes wrong like you get faulty products, etc so just depends on if you're willing to go through with everything building a computer requires. Which is time and patience
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Jul 13, 2017 at 09:31 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
I don't really need anymore space, if anything I can get a SSD.
My case is about small/mid-size I say? Don't know if I need a new one or not really, can't really show you either.

This is what I was originally gonna do, just replace my CPU, GPU, and MoBo with this:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rickti...d/#view=GdLMpg

If I get too impatient I might go with that, but I'll see how much more $ I can save. And maybe go with the list you provided.
The i5-7400 would work too, it's only slightly slower than the Ryzen one I showed but \o/
It does also cost a little less but has less cores.

If hurting on money i5-7400 or an i5-7500 which is slightly faster than the 7400 for like $20 more.

Quite a bit of options to choose from but yea.
What type of RAM do you have? If you're currently running DDR3 then it won't work with a new mobo that only supports DDR4 so you will maybe need new RAM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]
Didn't take that into accounting, thanks for the heads up. I'd probably invest in some basic DDR4 memory I guess
shouldn't hurt too much. Just something to run the games these yungo'l kids are playing these days y'know?

What would you do in this situation?
No need to replace the MoBo, get an i5-4460. There is no performance difference in games to the 7400, and also you save on not having to buy DDR4
Last edited by Mongius; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
So I wouldn't need to upgrade my current mother board, and only my GPU and CPU?
Yes, also when you go for an 7400 you would be forced to buy DDR4 (whatever manufacturers say, Socket 1151 does NOT support DDR3, even if they build boards which physically can, but they are undervolted and on a non-supported chipset, stay away from those), which is really fucking expensive right now (thanks thailand flooding), since you already have 8GB of DDR3.
Last edited by Mongius; Jul 13, 2017 at 07:22 PM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat