ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Movie Recommendations
Please recommend your favorite movies and movies that you've recently watched and liked a lot for me to check out. I've been needing some new movies to watch.

Two movies I really love are "Pi" (1999) by Aronofsky, and "Waking Life" (2001) by Linklater. Both are quite dreamy and cool in their own way.

Pi Trailer

Waking Life Trailer

One that I watched recently that was fairly good is the "The Way of the gun" (2000) by McQuarrie. It's like a flick from back when Tarantino was great.
''Snatch'' will never stop being the greatest movie of all times
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Recent movies I've seen:

The Revenant - I enjoyed this movie but it wasn't one of the best. As far as the movie goes it's mostly an Epic Journey type film. It features stunning visuals and landscapes and extraordinary acting by DiCaprio and Tom Hardy. There are long stretches just showing DiCaprio journeying and struggling to survive and it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you have a few hours to spare I'd say it's worth a watch for sure still.

Hateful 8 - This move was good. I didn't really have any expectations for it going in but upon leaving I realised that it was almost exactly what I wanted to see. The start is a bit slow and most of the movie ends up feeling like a stage play but other than that it was funny, violent and tense in parts with classic Tarantino style.

Deadpool - Great movie. Funny and original. Best thing I've seen in a long time. Not much more to say, an instant favorite of mine.

Zootopia - Solid family movie. Disney nails it again with beautiful visuals, great characters, intriguing setting, interesting story, and touches a number of touchy political issues and does it well. Plenty of references and jokes too.

Jungle Book (2016) - Nothing groundbreaking but as far as a live adaption movie goes this was good. Again, visually very pretty and immersive. Would have liked the singing to be done a bit more and sort of featured a bit more? It was very in movie and casually woven in. It's inspired me to start reading the jungle book again though and if you have a certain place in your heart for the original from your childhood then you'll love this.

10 Clvoerfield Lane: I enjoyed all of this movie except the end (keep in mind I hadn't seen the first one though). Good thriller and a lot of fun to watch. Goodman's character had me constantly questioning what I believed and there was super tense moments.

Batman v Superman: I heard bad things but I wanted to give it a watch to make up my own opinion. And yea, what you've heard is correct. The plot is all revealed in the trailer, the bad guys suck, deus ex machina, lazy tie in to the rest of the justice league, questionable events in the last scene of the movie etc etc etc. The saving grace is Batman by Affleck as many others have said but I would have actually liked to see more of him even. Most of Batman's combat scenes are fantastic and he does a great job being the Batman with questionable morals. I'd say don't bother with this one but if they decide to make a standalone Batman film with Affleck then I would see that 100%.
Just watched Ex Machina and Cold In July, I recommend both of those.
Hateful 8 and Deadpool are great movies also recommend them.

I rewatched and Spriggan it's an AWESOME anime, it's very fluid and has tons of dope anime action, anyone who likes gritty battle anime should watch this.
Last edited by T0ribush; Apr 10, 2016 at 01:59 AM.
I'm not sure if I like movies or not so bear that in mind

Linklater is a director that I've always thought was pretty cool, though I think my favorite movie I saw from him was Slacker. A Scanner Darkly was cool but it's just an inferior version of the book (which I highly recommend if you're into sci-fi)

Mentioned in the thread was Ex Machina which I liked for a good portion of it, but idk I didn't like the second half too much. The beginning has a lot of philosophizing in it so if you like Waking Life you'll probably be into that lmao

Deadpool, for all its posturing otherwise, is really just a superhero movie so I wasn't a huge fan (I hate superheros lol). It was pretty funny sometimes though but its not super memorable

Hateful 8 was Tarantino so I can't complain I guess. It was Tarantino-y

Anyway these are movies that seemed good to me, though movies don't really leave strong impressions on me pretty much ever. First 2 are on Netflix lucky you

Samsara (2012); Wordless (Human) Nature Documentary

Mind Game (2004); Wacky Psychedelic Anime

Love Exposure (2008)

Last edited by Larfen; Apr 10, 2016 at 05:59 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
on netflix some I enjoyed were

Dog Pound,Fruitville station, and my favorite was tucker and dale vs (something i dont remember the full title but just type in "tucker and dale")
I have a recommendation of a movie NOT to see and I know people are going to jump all over me for saying this but I thought Deadpool was an awful movie. It was boring after the first like.... 10 minutes. It was only marginally funny and I even like that kind of humor.

On another note, London Has Fallen and Hardcore Henry are some good movies to check out.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
I was a huge fan of Deadpool, read a hell of a lot of his comics, and the movie did a hell of a job delivering a live action Deadpool. Then you go on to recommend London Has Fallen? no way.

Also watched Mindgame, what the hell?

And also would love to see Hardcore Henry, after that scene in DOOM, First Person needed to happen.