Ranking
Original Post
Schedule Page for Events
I think it'd be chill if there was a page on the website, similar to the log for global broadcasts, but showing when events would be hosted in the future.

With this feature, more people would attend events and know when to get online, and be able to choose which ones to join if it's a mod they're good at. Everything would just be more organized and people wouldn't be kicking themselves for missing events.
Junior staff members could also be employed who's job it is specialize in organizing and hosting events too
Kind of a pretty cool idea my man. My only criticism is that very few in game tournaments are planned in advance; whenever I was gamemaster we just did them whenever there was an adequate playerbase.

But hey, maybe if the staff find it as a good idea and resourceful is could be added! Hope it does well dude.
Thanks, that is good criticism. My hope is that there could be a set number of guaranteed events per week, maybe 1 per day, and no limit in case staff are feeling like hosting one on a whim.

Most players don't read the forums and updates too carefully, so that would leave a lot of the playerbase not knowing about it though, so I thought there could be periodic global broadcasts from the server to announce when new features are put in.

Something like ''[Global]: Hey, did you know Toribash now has a Scheduled Events page? Check it out at [forum.toribash.com/events.php]'' or whatever the page would be called.
It would be pretty simple to modify the broadcast page in the Torishop to auto refresh. Effectively you could keep this page open somewhere and check it periodically, I understand this isn't ideal, but it is a start.

Making the above link more accessible would also be a good idea to begin with too. Perhaps having a direct link from the forum's index to the effect of "What's happening in-game" or some other flashy name.

A more robust solution might be to have the notifications panel at the top of forums, usually used for security information, update with the latest broadcast.
Maybe a scrolling broadcast bar at the top of the forum can be made ? Having ingame broadcasts scroll through your screen is quite eye catching

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Nono, I didn't mean notifications as the events happen, I meant a page that shows events a day, maybe even a few days in advance of when they are hosted. Something like ''Aikido Tourney Friday at 4:00pm UTC Time, hosted by [hoster]''
Originally Posted by Omiwom View Post
Nono, I didn't mean notifications as the events happen, I meant a page that shows events a day, maybe even a few days in advance of when they are hosted. Something like ''Aikido Tourney Friday at 4:00pm UTC Time, hosted by [hoster]''

You tell everyone that there's going to be a tourney at some certain time and it gets flooded with people trying to join and eventually crashing the room.
Having a public schedule for forum events and big MP stuff can be good, but there's usually no schedule at all. ES members come up with an idea, take some time to make it into a real thing, host it when ready.

We can use Steam to keep a schedule for bigger events like Clan League though.
I think it could be a good idea if each event squad member had to host 1 planned event per week, it would keep the event squad hosting more and be beneficial to the players.

Obviously if they want to host more than once they can, but I would keep it to 1 planned event per person otherwise someone would end up planning like 10 in a week and burn out super quickly.

Perhaps the planned events could have larger prizes too since they are shown to everyone, but this wont be implemented unless Assassinpro or Icky sees this and thinks its a good idea
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.